EMC Marketing Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume to HR in the early fall, I was contacted for a phone interview in October. It was a fairly straightforward 30-45 minute interview with an HR rep that covered the basics: why I was interested in EMC, why I thought I'd be a good fit for MDP, what my strengths were, describing a project I've worked on at a past internship, etc. In November I was invited back for round-robin interviews in Hopkinton. From what I could tell there were a few different sessions of interviews, each with 16 interviewers and 16 interviewees. During the round-robin 1:1 sessions, I spoke with 4 different EMC marketing employees (some MDP alumni and some not) for about 20 minutes each with a five minute break in between. Each of the interviewers had a different approach. Some of the interviews were just like a casual conversation about myself and why I loved marketing while others were much more formal and guided by a set of clearly pre-planned questions. I heard back about the job in December.

Interview Questions

• Q: Think of a difficult situation or conversation you've been involved with in the workplace and tell me how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Marketing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and was contacted around October 2009 for my first phone interview. The phone interview went well and a few weeks later, I was invited to come to Hopkinton, which was in November 2009. The interview style was a round-robin, which is basically a series of 1:1 interviews. It was approximately 100 graduates/recent graduates there for the round robins. Most of the interviews were conducted in one large room where each person rotates to a different interviewer. I did 5- 20 minute interviews. Each interviewer ask different questions. Some interviewers asked basic behavioral questions, and some interviewers just wanted to know more about me and we even discussed personal interests. The ultimate goal of this interview process is to learn more about you and whether you will be a good cultural fit. My advice, although it sounds cliche', is to be yourself and let your personality come through. My other peice of advice is to thoroughly reserach the industry and ask thought-provoking questions as it relates to the company and the industry.

Interview Questions