EMC Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

I applied online through the company's website after seeing a post on indeed. I was contacted 4 days later by the Recruiting Manager. We had about a 15 minute chat about my experience and the hiring department where the developer position would be supporting. He arranged an interview with the hiring manager for later that day.

I had an 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was the basic "tell me about yourself" and some questions to determine your decision making thought of mind.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an challenging project and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC.

Met them at the career fair. They called me for an interview after 2 days

Interview Questions
    • gave me case study on database with 5billion records indexed with B+-tree. Asked me to identify a data structure that can determine if the record exists or not before parsing the tree.

Garbage collection in java
        Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC.

The hiring process of this IT company is quite similar than others that I attened before. At the beginning I have interview with their Human Resources people then go through those standard conversation. Then I have interview with their IT manager. After a simple introduction of myself nd answer sever general questions then the interviews finished.

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in November 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial phone screen with them. This led to a phone interview with the internal recruiter. This was followed by two separate in-person interviews. I was extended an offer fairly quickly, however it was contingent on the drug screening and background check. The background checks were outsourced and since two of the companies I had worked for were no longer in business (one went out of business, one was acquired) getting some of the info took a long time. Since I would not give notice until successful completion, this extended the process. The other issue is that all references provided must be direct managers. No other type of reference is acceptable.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your 30, day, 60 day, 90 day and 6 month plan.   Answer Question
    The company has a lousy vacation policy (for experienced hires who are used to more) and this is non-negotiable.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in September 2010.

very thorough interview, performed in 3 days.

did not like the position.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in April 2009.

Several interviews...recruiter, hiring manager, RVP...then doing a presentation to a group of 5 folks from various parts of EMC. Finally, an interview with the Area Manager from EMC Core