Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (49)
- Senior Software Engineer (37)
- Intern (18)
- Principal Software Engineer (18)
- Technical Support Engineer (14)
- Sales Associate (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Associate Software Engineer (11)
- Systems Engineer (10)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Engineering (9)
- Technical Support Engineer II (8)
- Account Manager (8)
- Software Quality Engineer (8)
- Project Manager (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Senior Project Manager (6)
- Implementation Specialist (5)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Principal Engineer (4)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
Principal Engineer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMC (Boston, MA) in April 2009.
They want to see flexibility that you have many useable skillsets and are a team player with high energy.
- 1. Describe the OSI model layers and explain in details how it works and how it is used for troubleshooting.? 2 Answers
- Describe a recent issue you troubleshoot in detailed problem that shows from the start to finish the steps involved in resolving the issue in great deta ? Answer Question
- Describe what a forward and reverse look up is and describe how you would go about fixing a tombstone DNS entry ? Answer Question
- Describe the handshaking negotiation process between two clients in reference to a network packet capture ? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Position responsibilities was not what was originally advertised by recruiter. It more of a MIS Operations oreintated position instead of product specific . This is not the position that I was lead to believe it was.
Other Interview Reviews for EMC
Principal Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.
Good not very difficult, they test your abilities and potential. Overall not very exhaustive, recommend for general set of avg and above average candidates, quick responses if they like you
- some problem solving qns. Answer Question
Principal Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.
2 rounds of interview, then an interview with HR.
- Many aspects of the Java Stack were covered - basic ones Answer Question
Principal Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.
One telephonic and one face to face.
- None Answer Question