Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (49)
- Senior Software Engineer (37)
- Intern (18)
- Principal Software Engineer (18)
- Technical Support Engineer (14)
- Sales Associate (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Associate Software Engineer (11)
- Systems Engineer (10)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Engineering (9)
- Technical Support Engineer II (8)
- Account Manager (8)
- Software Quality Engineer (8)
- Project Manager (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Senior Project Manager (6)
- Implementation Specialist (5)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Principal Engineer (4)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
Principal Product Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC.
Applied using LinkedIn. EMC recruiter contacted me for interest and setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. Discussed my history and the position. Follow-up interview in person with several other interviewers, some on team and some extended team. In person with 2 of 5 interviewers, 3 were remote over the phone. Negotiated salary and starting dates. At the end of the day I felt that I may have left a few dollars on the table but still satisfied with salary.
- There were no difficult questions as I have been in the field for many years now. Answer Question
Know your prior salary details, fully loaded compensation benefits and use this web site for actuals.
Other Interview Reviews for EMC
Principal Product Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2012.
15 mins phone round with the recruiter, 30 minutes phone interview with hiring manager, 1 hour in-person with the Sr. Director of Product Management, 1 hr phone round each (since everyone was in a different location) with the following people: CTO, Director UX, Principal Engineer, Director of Engineering, and Sr. Mgr Product Marketing. Every interviewer was super super nice and very smart. choice of questions was relevant to their areas but the overall focus was on how you as a PM would work with every group. How do you build relationship with different team, how do you negotiate, how do you convice the team of your vision and strategy, raise funds etc. Every interviewer put me at ease right away. Best interview experience of my career. Even though the process was long, it wasn't painful. Hiring manager kept in touch thru the process.
- Take a random product and explain the process it would have taken to take it to the market Answer Question
- Past experience and how you would make a difference Answer Question
- Explain your 3 year vision for the product in question and explain the vision for the product portfolio and strategy Answer Question
No negotiation was allowed.