EMC Principal Program Manager Interview Questions

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Program Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at EMC.

Applied for position in Jan 2013, had phone screen by hiring manager in March, called in for in-person interviews within a week after phone interview. Met with Principal Engineers, other Program Managers and Hiring Manager. The interview focused on my past experience, current work and scenario analysis as applicable to Program Management. Two days after that in-person, I was asked to meet with Group Director and hiring manager again. 3 days after this meeting, I was made an offer. After the offer, the actual employment forms and verification etc took more than a month to complete.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. Be prepared to explain everything on your resume. Focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. Had two phone interviews, one with recruiter and one with Hiring Mgr. EMC invited me onsite. In Hopkinton i was interviewed by 5-6 people, all of them Sr. Directors and one VP. It was an awesome experience, interviews went really well.

Logistics of my relocation to Hopkinton played a big factor in job offer denial. Overall positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2012.

Recruiter introduction and phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, phone interview with two more (senior) people, on-site/in-person interviews with six more people (one at a time).

Surprisingly, there was very little/none of that behavioral interview questions nonsense. Half of the interviews were questions about skills and approaches, and half were more far-ranging and general, designed to learn more about me as a person. My style, attitude, personality, energy, likes and dislikes. VERY refreshing.

Interview Questions
    Some negotiation. Willing to listen to reasoning and adjust offer based on information not known at the time of the first offer. Of course, they should have discussed expectations in a bit more detail first, but mistakes happen. Accommodated half my requests.

Principal Program Manager Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

Lighting fast! The EMC division I interviewed did their homework ahead of time. They knew what they wanted and they got right to the point. One phone screen and a face to face with key people was all it took. I was ready for the long interview dance to just get started and instead I was being handed an offer. An offer that was everything I asked for.

Interview Questions
    • None- I did my homework. I knew what they wanted and they didn't throw out any weird questions to try and throw me off. Very professional.   Answer Question
    What negotiation? EMC is looking for strong talent. When they find it, they are willing to pay for it. They matched everything I asked for and I don't feel like I undercut myself at all.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!