Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (49)
- Senior Software Engineer (37)
- Intern (18)
- Principal Software Engineer (18)
- Technical Support Engineer (14)
- Sales Associate (13)
- Business Analyst (12)
- Associate Software Engineer (11)
- Systems Engineer (10)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Engineering (9)
- Technical Support Engineer II (8)
- Account Manager (8)
- Software Quality Engineer (8)
- Project Manager (7)
- Inside Sales Representative (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Senior Project Manager (6)
- Implementation Specialist (5)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Program Manager (5)
- Principal Engineer (4)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
Program Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2015.
Contacted by their recruiter. Chatted with him on the phone about what they do and what's my experience. Pretty standard introduction phone call. Had two technical phone interviews in the same week and got invited to onsite. However, I decided not to move forward with them before the onsite interview. Overall, it's a good interview experience. The people that I've talked to are really nice and patient.
- How do you handle laying someone off? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for EMC
Program Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC.
Very long (over 5 months), poorly coordinated interview process by both Recruiting team and interviewing team. No follow up from Recruiting team unless asked. I did not feel the company treated candidates with much respect. The system used for applications submissions is hard to navigate and outdated. Interviews are typical 30-45 min conversations.
- Typical questions about relevant exprience and skills, as well as behavioral questions about difficult situations. Answer Question
Program Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in August 2014.
Interviewed with hiring manager and 3 other individuals. Have worked there in the past and they are familiar with work style. Other companies interviews were more high pressure, I think this was mostly a formality to get past since I have worked with a few and had good recommendations.
- How was your experience with x department working here in the past? What are some improvements that could be made? Answer Question
Waiting for the formal offer but have been told will be getting one.
Program Manager InterviewNo Offer
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.
Setting up the interviews didn't take too long. Had a phone screen and then an interview with the hiring manager. However, they never got back to me when they said they would.
- How would you manage many different things everyday? Answer Question
Programs Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in April 2012.
The interview process begins with an email from an EMC recruiter setting up a time and place for the interview with the hiring manager. My hiring process consisted of email, phone and in-person interview.
- Part of my interview included quickly researching types of memory were on the market and which type was utilized in an EMC product offering Answer Question
Program Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EMC in August 2009.
The in person interview was not well organized. None of the interviewers were supplied with my resume and some had not interviewed anyone before. One person didn't show up at all for my interview. The people I did talk to were all very smart and dedicated to their work.
- What do you do when your schedule shows that everything is on track, but your gut tells you something is wrong. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review