EMC

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Detailed and slow process. Some basic questions on Storage by other PMs. 3 rounds.

Interview Question – What is a LUN   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cant negotiate too much

Franklin, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EMC   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – Fairly easy interview. I was probably overqualified for this position, so it gave me more negotiation room. I just talked about past projects and teams.

Interview Question – How do you handle a politically charged project?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – It took more than 6 months. Initially was contacted directly by EMC HR was scheduled for an interview after the 1st round which was just a basic round about my total exp, which technical skills i possess, experience in Project Management, People Management Etc. After that there was no update on the interview process. 1 Month later was informed about the position currently being on hole and will get a call as soon its released. Then after 4 months received a call again from the HR and was informed about the delay and apologies from them. Then followed by 1 Technical round by manager, 1 Technical round by the Onsite Process owners, 1 Video Chat round by the Manager, after which i was told selected. Offer letter to be released will take 1 month time at-least here in EMC, so don't be in a hurry fellas.

Interview Question – Interview was all about my current profile, and what are they expecting from me. Was asked if can handle few newer projects for IT Process Governance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. But was satisfied with the Hike they have provided, along with the profile i waiting for.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Question – Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.