EMC Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.4

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Detailed and slow process. Some basic questions on Storage by other PMs. 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cant negotiate too much

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Fairly easy interview. I was probably overqualified for this position, so it gave me more negotiation room. I just talked about past projects and teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at EMC (Franklin, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EMC   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Interview process were very long, not methodically arranged etc..... HR was at loss as to how many rounds they should arrange. going back and forth miss-communicating to candidate and created whole confusion. even after 4 rounds and few waits HR was not sure to make an offer or not

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

It took more than 6 months. Initially was contacted directly by EMC HR was scheduled for an interview after the 1st round which was just a basic round about my total exp, which technical skills i possess, experience in Project Management, People Management Etc. After that there was no update on the interview process. 1 Month later was informed about the position currently being on hole and will get a call as soon its released. Then after 4 months received a call again from the HR and was informed about the delay and apologies from them. Then followed by 1 Technical round by manager, 1 Technical round by the Onsite Process owners, 1 Video Chat round by the Manager, after which i was told selected. Offer letter to be released will take 1 month time at-least here in EMC, so don't be in a hurry fellas.

Interview Questions

• Interview was all about my current profile, and what are they expecting from me. Was asked if can handle few newer projects for IT Process Governance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. But was satisfied with the Hike they have provided, along with the profile i waiting for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min. Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total. Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long. All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Total five rounds. Basic HR screening, Telephonic, Face to face Indian management round, crucial interview by managers based out in US finally followed by HR. The HR's follow up is very tiresome.

Interview Questions

• They check how best we are open to learning and how committed will one be towards the customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One should check the internal band grade to be offered accordingly. I missed on that part.