EMC Project Manager Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC.

Detailed and slow process. Some basic questions on Storage by other PMs. 3 rounds.

Cant negotiate too much

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Third Party - Temp work to prove yourself.

Interview Questions
    Do your research; They are looking for those most interested in what they do.

Project Manager Interview

Fairly easy interview. I was probably overqualified for this position, so it gave me more negotiation room. I just talked about past projects and teams.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at EMC.

It took more than 6 months. Initially was contacted directly by EMC HR was scheduled for an interview after the 1st round which was just a basic round about my total exp, which technical skills i possess, experience in Project Management, People Management Etc. After that there was no update on the interview process. 1 Month later was informed about the position currently being on hole and will get a call as soon its released. Then after 4 months received a call again from the HR and was informed about the delay and apologies from them. Then followed by 1 Technical round by manager, 1 Technical round by the Onsite Process owners, 1 Video Chat round by the Manager, after which i was told selected. Offer letter to be released will take 1 month time at-least here in EMC, so don't be in a hurry fellas.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was all about my current profile, and what are they expecting from me. Was asked if can handle few newer projects for IT Process Governance.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. But was satisfied with the Hike they have provided, along with the profile i waiting for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

First contact was was the recruiter: simple questions regarding my background, experience, availability, etc. Call only last 30min.

Second round (in person): Hiring manager, Sr. Technical Employees (2), Sr. Client Services Management, and a Program Manager. The interviews were one after the other and lasted about three hours total.

Third round was with Sr. Management and was only an hour long.

All standard interview questions. Less on the behavioural and more on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Which three characteristics best describe your personality.   Answer Question
    There was no flexibility in the offer, however, it was close to my target.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!