EMC Sales Associate Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in April 2011.

The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in November 2010.

The interview was conducted through my university. There was an initial screening by my school and then the interview by and EMC employee. This was part behavioral and part about my previous sales experience. Most of the emphasis was on getting to know my personality, drive, passion...etc. After accepting the offer you participate in a 6 week sales training program which teaches you everything you need to know about working in tech sales.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. The interview was more about connecting with the interviewer than anything else.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Pay was more than generous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in February 2010.

Phone interview. If they like you, they'll fly you out to their location for a one on one at their expense. One on one was fairly easy. Make sure you know the company and what they do. You meet with a variety of different managers. If you move from manager to manager fairly quickly, you know you are doing well and they want to get you in front of as many people as possible to get a good look. Make sure you close them and share why you are excited about the opportunity. Prepare. Understand the company and it's technology.

Set compensation structure. May give money for relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in October 2009.

Interviews went well. Felt comfortable with most interviewers. Fluid conversations. Tested my wish to purse sales, work at EMC, and knowledge of EMC.

One interviewer was cold, and uncomfortable; however, they did believe I'd be a good fit for the training program.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Asked about my background, why i wanted to do sales, why EMC, strengths and weakness'.   View Answer