EMC

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted through my university. There was an initial screening by my school and then the interview by and EMC employee. This was part behavioral and part about my previous sales experience. Most of the emphasis was on getting to know my personality, drive, passion...etc. After accepting the offer you participate in a 6 week sales training program which teaches you everything you need to know about working in tech sales.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. The interview was more about connecting with the interviewer than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Pay was more than generous

Franklin, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – EMC interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter in Franklin. He was very friendly, it was mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of your personality. THe next was a one on one interview in the EMC office in my location. This interview was more in depth, but still mostly behavioural questions to get a sense of my character, and to figure out how I would fit in. Then there was a second phone interview with the recruiter again in Franklin. This one was pretty short, as they had already talked to me quite a bit.

Interview Question – why do you want to get into sales   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Franklin, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very fast, as I met with 2 HR recruiters for 10 minutes each. They asked me simple questions about why I was qualified for the position, as well as why they should hire me over someone with a sales degree. They told me they were interviewing about 4000 candidates, hence the feeling of being rushed through the whole process.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over a student with a sales degree?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Intense and long process

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current employer   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Wasn't comfortable with potential manager.

Southborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was more of a background interview. They asked alot of questions about my resume, and tried to get a eel for who I was as a person.

Interview Questions

Franklin, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview. If they like you, they'll fly you out to their location for a one on one at their expense. One on one was fairly easy. Make sure you know the company and what they do. You meet with a variety of different managers. If you move from manager to manager fairly quickly, you know you are doing well and they want to get you in front of as many people as possible to get a good look. Make sure you close them and share why you are excited about the opportunity. Prepare. Understand the company and it's technology.

Negotiation Details – Set compensation structure. May give money for relocation.

Franklin, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews went well. Felt comfortable with most interviewers. Fluid conversations. Tested my wish to purse sales, work at EMC, and knowledge of EMC.

One interviewer was cold, and uncomfortable; however, they did believe I'd be a good fit for the training program.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Asked about my background, why i wanted to do sales, why EMC, strengths and weakness'.   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMC in February 2013.

Interview Details – One screening call and then a face to face interview. The interview process was very mechanical. They just wanted straight answers, didn't seem like a very creative place.

Interview Question – None. Basic sales interview type questions such as give a example of when you did a sale. What could you have done better?   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!