EMC

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with the Recruitment team after they spent months hounding me. No indication of the expectation for the meeting, which was conducted by a typical recruiter who knew little about the Industry and read from a sheet! They did know the structure of the organisation which they insisted spending 25 mins of the allotted hour taking me through!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EMC? Read that in the Interviewing for Dummies 101?   View Answer

Sales Executive

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2009.

Interview Details – My interview process was relatively quick and painless, as they were desparate for a person, since the slot had been open for 10+ months. I interviewed with my manager and one of his peers only over the phone, and another peer in person, as well as with a team member. My peers who came on at a similar time said their process was much more intense, with many face to face interviews and gueling exams.

Interview Question – The most difficult questioning was about my relationships in the local accounts, as I had not worked locally for over 2 years, having travelled previously.   View Answer

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in January 2009.

Interview Details – Pre-screen interview, did not make it to speak with hiring manager

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process consisted of an interview with the recruiter, then with one of their managers, then with pre-sales, then with a sales manager and finally with a senior manager. Questions generally followed the format of covering your career background. Followed by what they do, where they are moving towards. Then what you are looking for and also why EMC (asked by every interviewer!). Refreshingly they are quite open to various backgrounds and you do not necessairly have to be from a Tier 1 consultancy or have 10 years specific field expereince.
Advice: Be open and honest about your strengths, where you see yourself fitting in, how you would contribute and how you work with other people (pre-sales, finance, legal etc.).

Interview Questions

• How would EMC benefit from hiring you?   View Answer
  • Name one of the hardest challenges you have faced in your career.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Chose to pursue another role in a different field.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Sales Executive interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.