EMC

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received call from HR within a day. He yawned in my ear for the entire call and apparently thought that was okay. Was a bit rude as well. After a few standard questions, went straight to salary requirements. This Sr. position salary was $6K lower than my previous job which was not sr. level. He said he would check on bonus or any other way to match that and get back to me the next day. I never heard from him again. Sent a follow up email a week later but he didn't have the courtesy to answer it.

Very disappointing experience with this company that allegedly has such a great reputation. Imagine listening to someone yawning in your ear during an interview!

Interview Question – Out of the gate wanted to talk about salary and not much more.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Following a call from the recruiter at EMC who verified basic information, I met 4 different interviewers back to back on the same day including the hiring manager. All were nice and had good discussion. The recruiter was super nice and its a women friendly organization.

Interview Question – What challenges you?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring at EMC was an exceptional experience due to their internal employee referral program. Two interviews were conducted, with the second being a group lunch with my second level manager, my future manager and a peer to my future manager. The whole process was relaxed, congenial ant totally professional. HR staff communicated effectively and honestly throughout the process.

Interview Question – Trying to not talk with my mouthful, display effective table manners and do most of the talking during the lunch interview was the most challenging aspect of the process. "Give us an example of: behavioral questions were reasonable and easy to address   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was up front with the HR folks about my previous comp package, where I wanted to be placed in the EMC salary ranges (in the middle) and about making less than my boss. EMC responded very fairly. Additionally, a request for a hiring stock grant was fulfilled.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process if very fair , Interviewers put you at ease, there are 1-3 phone interviews followed by 2 face to face

Interview Question – Standard questions, tell me about your experience to date - why EMC , what achievements are you most proud of - Important to research the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a huge opening for negotiation

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!