EMC Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied the position online. HR contacted me after some time and sent me a screening doc. I finished it very soon. Then an onsite interview was scheduled. I expected a half day or a whole day interview, however, to my surprise, the interview took only half an hour with the hiring manager that day. After about one week, the hiring manager himself contacted me and scheduled me the follow-up interviews.
As to my experience, the hiring process was a mass. However, the hiring manager was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • My program crashes, please enumerate all possible causes.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC in October 2014.

Had two technical phone interviews. I had good experience with the first person, who was very nice. The second person was rude and even though I answered all his questions correctly, I have not heard back again and did not answer my follow up email.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array A of integers (with arbitrary order), and an integer value m, find two elements of A whose sum is m.   View Answer
    • How to prove that there are infinite number of prime numbers   View Answer
    • Implementing an index for a storage system.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

highly varied - no standard procedure is followed. no follow up. one gets treated badly at times. the interviewers also ask weird questions - poor hiring process. the people are good - process is broken

Interview Questions
    • very specific technology question.....from the bygone era   Answer Question
    take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2012.

It was really nice. They wanted to kick start a new project and I had a good ex on that. They interviewed me on that ex, and then since i already knew their systems before hand as i had worked on it, there were not many question asked on that.

Ok

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

The onsite interview started with a project description by the hiring manager. Then 4 engineers from the group and other groups will have a one-on-one talk with you. Most of questions are about programming skills, and they will ask you to write source code on a whiteboard. One interviewer asked a technical question about how to address a challenging problem in practical environments. My suggestion is, to be prepared, especially on programming skills. Better to have some practice of writing code on a whiteboard before the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Was contacted by the recruiter, had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for a 1:1 interview. Met with the team members 1:1, had a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
    • Pros and Cons of Java Server Faces, Spring framework, design patterns   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2010.

Had 3 telephonic interviews with the team members. Then had one on one interview with 2 team members and hiring manager.

Basic data structures, coding, debugging in C/C++ were the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Find the logical error in the Linkedlist reversal program (the program was given). Need to use the gdb tool to debug and correct the program.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in April 2010.

the process for hiring and interview took me six months due to the post position switched back and forth to this site a few time. The interview itself went smoothly. The interviewer was knowlegable and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Try to work on a question which I didn't fully understand.   Answer Question
    I accepted a total package from HR recruter.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMC.

Technical interviews, HR, Interviews will be tough and elaborate. Need to know everything which is mentioned in the JD. Technical rounds will be elaborate and tricky. HR rounds will be promising once completing the tech round.

Interview Questions
    • Need to be very much satisfied with the JOB Description if you are applying   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

HR scheduled scheduled interview over email and we never had a conversation before the interview.

Very decent technical round with two youngsters. They askw more about algorithms, techniques, approaches and how to implement etc.,

Three more technical discussions and they were all more of what you know and how do you approach and design.

I got totally exhausted and there comes the final Managerial round and typical questions like why are u looking for change, expected salary and etc., He also explained me about the product, team and work culture...

I was asked to meet the hr finally and went to meet him with lot of expectations and a glow in my face after hearing from the manager saying I've cleared all my interview, after all one if my dream company to join!

HR said we can talk over the phone and sent me:(. That's it they never called me for weeks.

When I emailed him he said, "This Requirement is on hold" and they never offered me!!!

Interview Questions
    • There are two array with same item's except the second one doesn't have one item missing form first. what will be your approach to find the missing one efficiently?   Answer Question