EMC Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

27 interviews

3.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

highly varied - no standard procedure is followed. no follow up. one gets treated badly at times. the interviewers also ask weird questions - poor hiring process. the people are good - process is broken

Interview Questions
  • very specific technology question.....from the bygone era   Answer Question
take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2012.

It was really nice. They wanted to kick start a new project and I had a good ex on that. They interviewed me on that ex, and then since i already knew their systems before hand as i had worked on it, there were not many question asked on that.

Ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

the process for hiring and interview took me six months due to the post position switched back and forth to this site a few time. The interview itself went smoothly. The interviewer was knowlegable and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Try to work on a question which I didn't fully understand.   Answer Question
    I accepted a total package from HR recruter.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

The onsite interview started with a project description by the hiring manager. Then 4 engineers from the group and other groups will have a one-on-one talk with you. Most of questions are about programming skills, and they will ask you to write source code on a whiteboard. One interviewer asked a technical question about how to address a challenging problem in practical environments. My suggestion is, to be prepared, especially on programming skills. Better to have some practice of writing code on a whiteboard before the onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Was contacted by the recruiter, had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for a 1:1 interview. Met with the team members 1:1, had a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
    • Pros and Cons of Java Server Faces, Spring framework, design patterns   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2010.

Had 3 telephonic interviews with the team members. Then had one on one interview with 2 team members and hiring manager.

Basic data structures, coding, debugging in C/C++ were the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Find the logical error in the Linkedlist reversal program (the program was given). Need to use the gdb tool to debug and correct the program.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2009.

A contact I had from previous employment at EMC contacted me to inform me that there was an open position in the group I had worked with before. There was a phone interview to discuss the role and ensure that it was different enough from my previous role in the group to satisfy my interest. After that, I came in for a group interview which was fairly relaxed since I had worked with most of the people before.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in February 2012.

1 phone interview + 1 onsite interview, met with about 4 people.

Questions are very easy, about process management, write simple code, smart pointer, and how you debug a program.

Then waited over 1 month, the HR contacted you and gave you a number of compensation. You have two choices: accept or decline, no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation at all. HR just gave you a number and you either accept it or decline it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

I had 5 rounds in total:
    Telephonic (45 minutes), Technical1 (30 minutes ish), Technical2 (30 minutes ish), Managerial round with BU head (15 minutes - general discussion)

Mainly the discussion went on about core java and my previous company projects. They will rely on the content present in resume. So be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Simple questions.

Asked me right 2 programs in telephonic. and general discussions about collections, multi threading and exception from java.
        Answer Question
    Not bad... upto the expectation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2012.

There were 5 rounds in order or occurence:
    Telephonic
    Face2Face (Technical) Interview at EMC
    1:1 Interview to assess Aptitude.
    1:1 With Manager
    1:1 Telephonic with HR.

Questions mostly tested my C/C++, Data Structure and Algo skills. There were some puzzles regarding call order of constructor / destructors etc

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!