EMC

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – highly varied - no standard procedure is followed. no follow up. one gets treated badly at times. the interviewers also ask weird questions - poor hiring process. the people are good - process is broken

Interview Question – very specific technology question.....from the bygone era   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was really nice. They wanted to kick start a new project and I had a good ex on that. They interviewed me on that ex, and then since i already knew their systems before hand as i had worked on it, there were not many question asked on that.

Negotiation Details – Ok

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – the process for hiring and interview took me six months due to the post position switched back and forth to this site a few time. The interview itself went smoothly. The interviewer was knowlegable and nice.

Interview Question – Try to work on a question which I didn't fully understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted a total package from HR recruter.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – The onsite interview started with a project description by the hiring manager. Then 4 engineers from the group and other groups will have a one-on-one talk with you. Most of questions are about programming skills, and they will ask you to write source code on a whiteboard. One interviewer asked a technical question about how to address a challenging problem in practical environments. My suggestion is, to be prepared, especially on programming skills. Better to have some practice of writing code on a whiteboard before the onsite interview.

Interview Question – what do you think of the project we are starting?   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter, had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and was invited for a 1:1 interview. Met with the team members 1:1, had a quick tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging project that you have worked on.   Answer Question
  • Pros and Cons of Java Server Faces, Spring framework, design patterns   Answer Question

Nashua, NH

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had 3 telephonic interviews with the team members. Then had one on one interview with 2 team members and hiring manager.

Basic data structures, coding, debugging in C/C++ were the questions.

Interview Question – Find the logical error in the Linkedlist reversal program (the program was given). Need to use the gdb tool to debug and correct the program.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in August 2009.

Interview Details – A contact I had from previous employment at EMC contacted me to inform me that there was an open position in the group I had worked with before. There was a phone interview to discuss the role and ensure that it was different enough from my previous role in the group to satisfy my interest. After that, I came in for a group interview which was fairly relaxed since I had worked with most of the people before.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had 5 rounds in total:
Telephonic (45 minutes), Technical1 (30 minutes ish), Technical2 (30 minutes ish), Managerial round with BU head (15 minutes - general discussion)

Mainly the discussion went on about core java and my previous company projects. They will rely on the content present in resume. So be prepared!

Interview Question – Nothing as such. Simple questions.

Asked me right 2 programs in telephonic. and general discussions about collections, multi threading and exception from java.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not bad... upto the expectation.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2012.

Interview Details – There were 5 rounds in order or occurence:
Telephonic
Face2Face (Technical) Interview at EMC
1:1 Interview to assess Aptitude.
1:1 With Manager
1:1 Telephonic with HR.

Questions mostly tested my C/C++, Data Structure and Algo skills. There were some puzzles regarding call order of constructor / destructors etc

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty easy to crack as interviewers dont ask anything related to algos or complex design questions.
They would rather check for attitude.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.