Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (42)
- Senior Software Engineer (30)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (14)
- Technical Support Engineer (13)
- Business Analyst (11)
- Sales Associate (9)
- Engineering (9)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Associate Software Engineer (8)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Software Quality Engineer (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Consultant (6)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Technical Support Engineer II (5)
- Program Manager (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Senior Project Manager (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
- Account Manager (4)
- Implementation Specialist (4)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer (3)
Senior Software Quality Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at EMC (Louisville, CO).
Applied online and recruiter setup phone interview with hiring manager the same day. After a brief technical screening over the phone with the hiring manager I was brought on-site for interviews with a few senior and principal level test engineers, as well as management. This included a brief chat on the phone with senior management from Irvine. The whole process lasted two to three hours at most. I sensed a good culture and working environment, and was genuinely interested in the technologies being developed at this field office - ranging from from low level storage technologies, which are very abundant in this particular market, to more unique enterprise visualization technologies.
- What are the challenges with backing up data in virtual environments? Answer Question
- What do you know about data de-duplication for backups, how does it work? Answer Question
- How well do you know Linux/Bash/C/Java? Sketching out and reviewing code snippets. Coming up with solutions to various tasks like monitoring memory usage. Answer Question
Received a good offer from the recruiter with forms for references, background check and drug screening within a couple days of the on-site interviews. They moved very quickly in comparison with other companies I was interviewing with or had interviewed with recently, which was very refreshing.
Other Interview Reviews for EMC
Senior Software Quality Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2009.
3 or 4 interviews after the phone screen.
- I can't remember specifically. Answer Question
Easy to get to the bottom line in a down economy.