EMC Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.2

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

3 rounds

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in April 2013.

Had two phone interviews. First one was an initial HR round followed by an interview with a Senior Software Engineer to assess interest and expertise in various areas. This was folllowed by 6 rounds of onsite interview at the RTP facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2013.

The hiring and interview processes were very straight forward. I was contacted by HR for an initial phone screening before being contacted by the hiring manager for another experience screening (essentially wanting to hear about what I did at previous jobs/projects work on). They then brought me in for an onsite interview which took almost a full work day before giving me an offer a couple days later. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was given an hour, a computer with a set up environment, and an hour to create as much of a "database system". The general idea was to create a program that allowed users to interact through a command prompt interface and create/modify new and existing "databases" in the form of xml documents. The problem was intimidating at first, but once broken down into steps it really wasn't too bad.   View Answer
    EMC sent me a benefits package to look over, as well as a base salary and additional bonuses. The offer was significantly higher than I expected, and any other companies had offered up to that point. I took it without hesitation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC.

Met them at the career fair. They called me for an interview after 2 days

Interview Questions
    • gave me case study on database with 5billion records indexed with B+-tree. Asked me to identify a data structure that can determine if the record exists or not before parsing the tree.

Garbage collection in java
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Met some recruiter at some conference and he forward my resume to some HR guy who wasn't eve interested in calling me. When he finally did, we didn't even talk for 3 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Nice place to interview .After initial phone screen was invited for face to face . Met all the team members. interview took one day.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC.

was referred by a friend and got a phone interview scheduled within 1 week.

Software Engineer Interview

Contact via email to set up a talk. I expect it would be a talk with HR. But, it turned out to be a technical interview. I didn't prepare for that. I was asked about very low-level C programming questions, such as address computation and pointers. The interview process is really bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Basic computer science questions and questions based of the resume

Very little joined as a fresher.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EMC.

There was a written test which mainly tested on aptitude. Then there was the technical round of interview which focused on concepts; I was asked to write a program to implement binary search tree and other OOPS related concepts. Some folks were asked database heavy questions. Then the final HR interview which was just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Expect to be tested on concepts   Answer Question

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!