EMC Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Applied at a career fair. Had an on- campus interview. After two weeks, got a call from HR, who scheduled for an interview with the manager. After, phone interview with the manager, had two more technical phone screens.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially there was a 1:1 interview with two members of the Firmware team and then a phone screen with the manager of the Firmware. The response was fast and it was for a co-op opportunity for 6-8 months. Most of the questions were based on algorithms, Operating Systems, Sorting algorithms and complexity.

Interview Questions

• 1. You are given two sorted array. Merge the two arrays to get a final sorted array. How do you do this with minimum complexity?( minimum run-time and memory space)   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

operating system / networking related questions. grilling interview. answered all the questions. oo, UML related also. overall the process was smooth, contacted by HR first and then contacted by the interviewer. very good hr.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted for initial phone screen. Technical phone interview with hiring manager but no coding, he just asked basic Object oriented programming questions. Followed by 1:1 onsite interviews with 4-5 Senior Software Engineers. They asked standard data structure and algorithm interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they are difficult to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Easy going but a long interview with 6-7 people. First with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next they will arrange a on-site interview. Normally you would hear from them in about a week.

Interview Questions

• I can't post the interview questions here but they are about linked lists, Linux commands, and Ruby   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

3 rounds

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

Met them at the career fair. They called me for an interview after 2 days

Interview Questions

• gave me case study on database with 5billion records indexed with B+-tree. Asked me to identify a data structure that can determine if the record exists or not before parsing the tree. Garbage collection in java   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met some recruiter at some conference and he forward my resume to some HR guy who wasn't eve interested in calling me. When he finally did, we didn't even talk for 3 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Nice place to interview .After initial phone screen was invited for face to face . Met all the team members. interview took one day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

was referred by a friend and got a phone interview scheduled within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• was asked about perm gen in java.   1 Answer