Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC
- Software Engineer (42)
- Senior Software Engineer (30)
- Intern (15)
- Principal Software Engineer (14)
- Technical Support Engineer (13)
- Business Analyst (11)
- Sales Associate (9)
- Engineering (9)
- Software Engineer II (9)
- Associate Software Engineer (8)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Software Quality Engineer (7)
- Project Manager (7)
- Consultant (6)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Associate Consultant (5)
- Technical Support Engineer I (5)
- Technical Support Engineer II (5)
- Program Manager (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (4)
- Senior Project Manager (4)
- Associate Financial Analyst (4)
- Account Manager (4)
- Implementation Specialist (4)
- Consultant Software Engineer (4)
- TSE (4)
- Principal Program Manager (4)
- Sales Executive (4)
- Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer (3)
Manager, Software Engineering Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at EMC (Durham, NC) in May 2012.
3 phone interviews, followed up by a day of on-site interviews, then another hour long follow up. Interview was with hiring manager, team lead, three technical interviews, and architect. Generally friendly folks, but a very intense process. I counted up all of the time spent, and I think I talked with folks for somewhere between 10 and 12 hours total.
- They will focus on your technical chops, even as a manager. Definitely want to know how you handle difficult situations and what your vision for the product would be. Answer Question
No negotiation on vacation -- two weeks to start, with an added week in year 2 if you have more than 10 years of experience. You can argue for movement on the base / bonus, but they are pretty competitive. Bonus might be pitched as a "sure thing", and largely it is, but you can lose up to 10% of bonus if the company is not performing well, and an additional 10% if your business unit misses some goals. If you are missing portions of your bonus as a result of your performance, you should worry about being let go.
Other Interview Reviews for EMC
Software Engineering Manager InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.
The interview was not difficult. Questions about how I managed multiple projects in the past? How did I improve the quality of SW from release to release? Director explained her vision and asked how would I go about make it happen with the team etc?
Unfortunately the the decission makers interviewed me over the phone and 3 local folks interviewed face to face. I am not that great on phone interview and don't beleive left a good impression.
Have not heard any feedback even after I sent couple of e-mails.