EMC Software Engineering Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Manager, Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC (Durham, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews, followed up by a day of on-site interviews, then another hour long follow up. Interview was with hiring manager, team lead, three technical interviews, and architect. Generally friendly folks, but a very intense process. I counted up all of the time spent, and I think I talked with folks for somewhere between 10 and 12 hours total.

Interview Questions

• They will focus on your technical chops, even as a manager. Definitely want to know how you handle difficult situations and what your vision for the product would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on vacation -- two weeks to start, with an added week in year 2 if you have more than 10 years of experience. You can argue for movement on the base / bonus, but they are pretty competitive. Bonus might be pitched as a "sure thing", and largely it is, but you can lose up to 10% of bonus if the company is not performing well, and an additional 10% if your business unit misses some goals. If you are missing portions of your bonus as a result of your performance, you should worry about being let go.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was not difficult. Questions about how I managed multiple projects in the past? How did I improve the quality of SW from release to release? Director explained her vision and asked how would I go about make it happen with the team etc?

Unfortunately the the decission makers interviewed me over the phone and 3 local folks interviewed face to face. I am not that great on phone interview and don't beleive left a good impression.

Have not heard any feedback even after I sent couple of e-mails.