EMC Software Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2014
Updated Mar 31, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Quality Engineer Interview

interviewed at EMC in August 2010.

Applied through an internal contact and got a call within a couple of days. I went in for a 3 hour interview with 6 team members.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions were basic C programming questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

My recruiter set up the interview and gave me the first names of the five people I would be speaking to. I did not have an avenue of communication with them prior to the interview day. I arrived and was met at the security desk by the person who was to be my second interviewer. The order of interviews had been changed. I alternated between speaking to each of the five people (two potential colleagues, one project lead, one team lead, one manager) and seeing different parts of the facility (office, break area, data center). Each of the interviewers asked me different questions about how my qualifications applied to their area of expertise. The first four people were very fun to talk to and seemed rather excited about the projects I would be coming in to work on. The final person, the department manager, was rather somber.

Interview Questions
    • You are aware this is a Quality Engineer position, yes?   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EMC.

The total process consists of 1 Telephonic screening and 3 in-person interviews. They test on the fundamentals of Software testing, automation frameworks, scripting, programming and problem-solving skills.

Not much negotiation

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

The interviewers have a pre-planned script to work from. The interview should be careful that they don't go done a rat hole (they will let you go rignt into one). You should expect to meet with management who will be rather blunt. As usual, do your homework on the division that you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    • What was a failure in your career?   View Answer
    • Did you ever have a boss that was difficult to work for?   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in May 2011.

Onsite with 5 people 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!