EMC

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC.

The hiring manager found my resume on Monster and called me. This was basically a phone interview. We went over my experience, what type of challenges i'm looking for, salary range and employment interests. At the end of the call he asked me to come in for an office interview that week. When i arrived, he met with me briefly explaining to me the process and that i would be interviewed by a few team members and then him again. I met the team lead, 2 QA engineers and the Director. Each had their own set of questions but I found them to be pretty basic. As in, search 'typical interview questions' on google and that was pretty much what they asked. At the time I had 10 years of exp in this field, so I felt very comfortable with whatever questions they asked me. I was honest with what I knew and what i didn't know. I met with the hiring manager again and we talked for a bit longer. He told me that they would be in touch with me in the next couple of days. I then got a call from the HR department and she gave me another little interview. Gave me an offer and i verbally agreed. Waited over the weekend and that Mon received a Fax with the official paper work that i signed and faxed back. Put in my 2 weeks notice and that was it.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember any real difficult questions. The ones i find annoying are the abstract "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of questions. They just want to see if you're going to stick around. or that you have any other ambitions to improve yourself. One of the questions I like to ask the hiring manager is whether that company likes to see people move around within the company or do people tend to stay in the same spot for 10 years. That gives me some insight into what the company mentality is and helps me answer the annoying questions.   Answer Question
Easy. I estimated 15k higher than what i was getting (65k) and they matched it + 1K more.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

My recruiter set up the interview and gave me the first names of the five people I would be speaking to. I did not have an avenue of communication with them prior to the interview day. I arrived and was met at the security desk by the person who was to be my second interviewer. The order of interviews had been changed. I alternated between speaking to each of the five people (two potential colleagues, one project lead, one team lead, one manager) and seeing different parts of the facility (office, break area, data center). Each of the interviewers asked me different questions about how my qualifications applied to their area of expertise. The first four people were very fun to talk to and seemed rather excited about the projects I would be coming in to work on. The final person, the department manager, was rather somber.

Interview Questions
    • You are aware this is a Quality Engineer position, yes?   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

interviewed at EMC in August 2010.

Applied through an internal contact and got a call within a couple of days. I went in for a 3 hour interview with 6 team members.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were basic C programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

The total process consists of 1 Telephonic screening and 3 in-person interviews. They test on the fundamentals of Software testing, automation frameworks, scripting, programming and problem-solving skills.

Not much negotiation

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMC in March 2012.

The interviewers have a pre-planned script to work from. The interview should be careful that they don't go done a rat hole (they will let you go rignt into one). You should expect to meet with management who will be rather blunt. As usual, do your homework on the division that you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    • What was a failure in your career?   View Answer
    • Did you ever have a boss that was difficult to work for?   View Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC in May 2011.

Onsite with 5 people 1:1 interview