EMC

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Interview Details – I transferred from another team internally, so the process was pretty easy, albeit slow. The paperwork and requisition approval can take a while. Once that was all done, the transition to the new team was pretty much instantaneous.

Interview Question – No big surprises, just an analysis of what I've done and what the new job would entail.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company via my network reaching out to the retained recruiter. The process, stalled at first, went very quickly to the offer. The process started with the recruiter then hiring manager, and finally with the Division Manager. My recommendation is to use your network to help you coach you on what is important to the company and the interviewer's style.

Interview Question – Noting unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Understand what you would consider acceptable and consider countering the offer if appropriate.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with a recruiter who forwarded my resume to managers with openings she felt I was a good fit for. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, a face-to-face with the hiring manager, a phone interview with another individual on the team, a phone interview with the second line manager, and a face-to-face with the second line manager. Decision making to hire seemed fairly standard, HR process seemed a little less than streamlined to get me an offer letter and a start date.

Interview Question – Upper management was much more tech savy than I have experienced at other companies. It was refreshing, but unexpected. This was demonstrated by asking for active, whiteboard solutioning as part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation, take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – The hiring process of this IT company is quite similar than others that I attened before. At the beginning I have interview with their Human Resources people then go through those standard conversation. Then I have interview with their IT manager. After a simple introduction of myself nd answer sever general questions then the interviews finished.

Hopkinton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2009.

Interview Details – Initially a 1*1 telephonic interview followed by a group interview by 5 members in a team.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.