EMC Systems Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 7, 2014
5 interviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2013.

I transferred from another team internally, so the process was pretty easy, albeit slow. The paperwork and requisition approval can take a while. Once that was all done, the transition to the new team was pretty much instantaneous.

Interview Questions
  • No big surprises, just an analysis of what I've done and what the new job would entail.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EMC.

I was referred to the company via my network reaching out to the retained recruiter. The process, stalled at first, went very quickly to the offer. The process started with the recruiter then hiring manager, and finally with the Division Manager. My recommendation is to use your network to help you coach you on what is important to the company and the interviewer's style.

Interview Questions
    Understand what you would consider acceptable and consider countering the offer if appropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2012.

I had an initial interview with a recruiter who forwarded my resume to managers with openings she felt I was a good fit for. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, a face-to-face with the hiring manager, a phone interview with another individual on the team, a phone interview with the second line manager, and a face-to-face with the second line manager. Decision making to hire seemed fairly standard, HR process seemed a little less than streamlined to get me an offer letter and a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Upper management was much more tech savy than I have experienced at other companies. It was refreshing, but unexpected. This was demonstrated by asking for active, whiteboard solutioning as part of the interview process.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at EMC.

The hiring process of this IT company is quite similar than others that I attened before. At the beginning I have interview with their Human Resources people then go through those standard conversation. Then I have interview with their IT manager. After a simple introduction of myself nd answer sever general questions then the interviews finished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopkinton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2009.

Initially a 1*1 telephonic interview followed by a group interview by 5 members in a team.

Interview Questions

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!