EMC Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

Telephonic interview by Hiring manager followed by five rounds of interview with various team members. The last round also included an onsite sales presentation to a panel of interviewers. More importance given to presentation and communication skills than to technical skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was too good to decline

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

I was referred to the company via my network reaching out to the retained recruiter. The process, stalled at first, went very quickly to the offer. The process started with the recruiter then hiring manager, and finally with the Division Manager. My recommendation is to use your network to help you coach you on what is important to the company and the interviewer's style.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Understand what you would consider acceptable and consider countering the offer if appropriate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in October 2013.

Interview

I transferred from another team internally, so the process was pretty easy, albeit slow. The paperwork and requisition approval can take a while. Once that was all done, the transition to the new team was pretty much instantaneous.

Interview Questions

• No big surprises, just an analysis of what I've done and what the new job would entail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EMC (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process of this IT company is quite similar than others that I attened before. At the beginning I have interview with their Human Resources people then go through those standard conversation. Then I have interview with their IT manager. After a simple introduction of myself nd answer sever general questions then the interviews finished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EMC (McLean, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter who forwarded my resume to managers with openings she felt I was a good fit for. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, a face-to-face with the hiring manager, a phone interview with another individual on the team, a phone interview with the second line manager, and a face-to-face with the second line manager. Decision making to hire seemed fairly standard, HR process seemed a little less than streamlined to get me an offer letter and a start date.

Interview Questions

• Upper management was much more tech savy than I have experienced at other companies. It was refreshing, but unexpected. This was demonstrated by asking for active, whiteboard solutioning as part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

Initially a 1*1 telephonic interview followed by a group interview by 5 members in a team.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marathahalli (India)

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Marathahalli (India)).

Interview

Interview process is around 4 rounds.
    Two technical rounds one managerial round and one HR round
    Most of d questions will be from currently working technology and currently working projects.
    Analytical questions will be asked in managerial round.
    Overall good experience with interview process.

Interview Questions

• questions about spring and spring integration   1 Answer

Negotiation

If profile is good be prepared to negotiate

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a great process, very well layout out from the start by the recruiter. It was a 3-interview process: 1. 3rd Party recruiter, 2. EMC recruiter, 3. Face to face interview with hiring manager + recruiter = this was a presentation of 20 minutes with 1 hour Q/A typical interview after about past jobs, roles, projects, etc

Interview Questions

• Questions were generally about: past jobs, projects, experience in certain areas with examples of how I handled certain situations with customers.   1 Answer