EMC

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pleasant Grove, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in October 2011.

Interview Details – First went to interview then, They asked about my computer experince.

They were really focused on my problem solving skill. I think that help a lot. Even in the interview they put a senario down and asked what I would do in the senario. Another great fact that help me get hired was the fact that I speak spanish also.

Interview Question – None most of the questions were strait forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was good experience as i had attended first time video conference for Interview .

Negotiation Details – It was good experience as i had attended first time video conference for Interview .

TSE Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by hiring manager to see if I was still available and interested in a TSE position. After speaking with the hiring manager for about 45 mins. I was invited for a in person interview. I interviewed with two pool managers and the hiring manager that day. Was asked about my technical experience. The next day the staffing manager called me and said the interviewers were impressed and asked what my salary expectations would be. Also gave me info. on the next steps. The next day I was interviewed with another pool manager over the phone, which was the last interview. The following day the staffing manager gave me a verbal offer which would need to get approved by upper management before sending to me. In the meantime, submitted my info. for my background and did my drug test.

Still waiting for an official offer and results from both background and drug test. Was advised 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – What do you know about networking?   Answer Question

Tse Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen
Phone technical interview
Face to face technical interview

Interview Question – Can ping a system but not access it in any other way that was working before   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate much, though later I thought I should have. Gave my minimum requirement and accepted the offer since it was better than my requirement. The mistake I made was not comparing salaries of similar positions in other companies.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC TSE interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.