EMC Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

3.2

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EMC.

Interview

I was called for Architect role, they did 5 rounds and rejected in the last , you have to go office for every interview.it's big pain and they will take u for granted. they don't have proper interview process.people are lazy. they will take weeks together to shortlist .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

After applying for the job, I actually only had one-day interview which was a panel interview along with some one-on-one interviews. The process for the interviewing was pretty straight-forward but it took a couple of months to get the paperwork approved within EMC

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do an analysis on the personality types of the senior leaders I had worked with previously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Very informal. It is mostly a question of like-ability and fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little. HR controlled and depends on location and team pay profile. Biggest limiter is current pay. Offers are based on current pay.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMC in August 2008.

Interview

For field positions at EMC, the best way to get in is through Employee Referral. I have yet to see anybody hired who applied only online. Every opening managers are always looking for somebody to move up internally, or they are asking people internally to make recommendations of people they know. Again, for field interviews, be ready to interview for a position that is part of the old boys club in some ways. It's important that you are liked by everyone, just as much as your technical knowledge or customer facing abilities. Expect to be tested with tough questions. Your Interviewer probably isn't an ass in person, but they will act like one just to test your response, see how you handle pressure and tough questions. They'll make you think you have no chance and you're just a waste of their time (even if they really like you). I had some interviews like this, but I've also found that if you come highly recommended by people who are already part of the club, then the interviews are fairly laid back. Bottom line, just be calm, cool, collected, and well-read on what the company does. The basics for an interview with any company really. Also note, job postings on the web site that are preceeded by an asterisk are not real, so don't waste your time applying for those. They are positions that do exist, but are not approved to be filled at this time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EMC?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about an accomplishment at work you're most proud of   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your work upfront, as EMC is like any big company and they want to get you on as cheap as possible. They will negotiate usually. They'll try to get you to take a 10% raise over your current salary based on my experience (2 different times).