EMC

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details – After applying for the job, I actually only had one-day interview which was a panel interview along with some one-on-one interviews. The process for the interviewing was pretty straight-forward but it took a couple of months to get the paperwork approved within EMC

Interview Question – I was asked to do an analysis on the personality types of the senior leaders I had worked with previously.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal. It is mostly a question of like-ability and fit.

Interview Question – Why EMC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little. HR controlled and depends on location and team pay profile. Biggest limiter is current pay. Offers are based on current pay.

Technical Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in August 2008.

Interview Details – For field positions at EMC, the best way to get in is through Employee Referral. I have yet to see anybody hired who applied only online. Every opening managers are always looking for somebody to move up internally, or they are asking people internally to make recommendations of people they know.

Again, for field interviews, be ready to interview for a position that is part of the old boys club in some ways. It's important that you are liked by everyone, just as much as your technical knowledge or customer facing abilities.

Expect to be tested with tough questions. Your Interviewer probably isn't an ass in person, but they will act like one just to test your response, see how you handle pressure and tough questions. They'll make you think you have no chance and you're just a waste of their time (even if they really like you). I had some interviews like this, but I've also found that if you come highly recommended by people who are already part of the club, then the interviews are fairly laid back.

Bottom line, just be calm, cool, collected, and well-read on what the company does. The basics for an interview with any company really.

Also note, job postings on the web site that are preceeded by an asterisk are not real, so don't waste your time applying for those. They are positions that do exist, but are not approved to be filled at this time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EMC?   View Answer
  • Tell me about an accomplishment at work you're most proud of   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do your work upfront, as EMC is like any big company and they want to get you on as cheap as possible. They will negotiate usually. They'll try to get you to take a 10% raise over your current salary based on my experience (2 different times).

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!