EMC

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

Interview Details – EMC is more worried about soft skills in the interview rather than technical expertise. The better your expertise the better the salary and position. However, without the soft skills you will not work here. I was picked up by an internal EMC recruiter then contacted by her for a 1:1 interview. She met me and walked me in to a 2:1 session. Afterwards I was asked to come back in for a final interview. It was to be 2:1 again but the person opt'd to go 1:1.

Interview Question – Most positions require RAID, networking, enterprise storage knowledge. They will ask you how much you know about EMC. They like it if you know their history a little bit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They sent an email (pdf) with the offer in which I had so long to reply.

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then two interviews at facility with managers, then several background checks including a drug test, then verbal offer, then official offer (these were discussed with a recruiter over the phone). After accepting, I received a start date.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work for EMC.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had 7 rounds to clear Communication,analytic, 2 technical, Managerial, Senior managerial, HR and Director round.
The toughest part is with the managers.. Most questions are based on your resumes. The more skills on technical language you put, the more questions are expected[ex. my resume had C, C++, Java, Unix etc]
Make sure you know the basics on what you have updated.
Communication and confidence will be your plus point.
Talk only upto the point and know much on the networking part.
EMC is one of the best place to work at.

Interview Question – Most difficult, when you are not able to connect to a server what would you check first?
what is DNS and how does it work?
Few questions on C++, JAVA were also there like what are class, call by value and call by reference example.
Top down approach, bottom up approach. How does the operating system works?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Confidential.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Jam + Aptitude + Technical written + 3 interviews

Interview Question – Why is your marks so unstable?   View Answer

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!