EMC Technical Support Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Phone Interview, then two interviews at facility with managers, then several background checks including a drug test, then verbal offer, then official offer (these were discussed with a recruiter over the phone). After accepting, I received a start date.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2012.

EMC is more worried about soft skills in the interview rather than technical expertise. The better your expertise the better the salary and position. However, without the soft skills you will not work here. I was picked up by an internal EMC recruiter then contacted by her for a 1:1 interview. She met me and walked me in to a 2:1 session. Afterwards I was asked to come back in for a final interview. It was to be 2:1 again but the person opt'd to go 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • Most positions require RAID, networking, enterprise storage knowledge. They will ask you how much you know about EMC. They like it if you know their history a little bit.   View Answer
    They sent an email (pdf) with the offer in which I had so long to reply.

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Jam + Aptitude + Technical written + 3 interviews

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

I had 7 rounds to clear Communication,analytic, 2 technical, Managerial, Senior managerial, HR and Director round.
    The toughest part is with the managers.. Most questions are based on your resumes. The more skills on technical language you put, the more questions are expected[ex. my resume had C, C++, Java, Unix etc]
    Make sure you know the basics on what you have updated.
    Communication and confidence will be your plus point.
    Talk only upto the point and know much on the networking part.
    EMC is one of the best place to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult, when you are not able to connect to a server what would you check first?
      what is DNS and how does it work?
      Few questions on C++, JAVA were also there like what are class, call by value and call by reference example.
      Top down approach, bottom up approach. How does the operating system works?
        View Answer
    Confidential.

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!