EMC

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – Interview on phone with HR, interview separately with each team member in person, interview with boss on phone. No second interview. There was an even exchange of information about the job verses my sharing of what/how my experience that could match it.

Interview Question – What is your experience with Java Webservices?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was an offer over the phone from HR. I accepted.

Draper, UT

I interviewed at EMC in March 2014.

Interview Details – One interview. 2 interviewers and a conference call with senior mgmt. 30-60 min. Got a call the next day.,

Interview Question – What is the protocol that includes the three-way handshake called?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not an option.

Draper, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMC in March 2013.

Interview Details – I started as a contractor with an interview with them then an interview with the Manager at EMC. They called me back and let me know. The interview was very laid back. The most interesting interview I've ever had. I basically told them this is what I wanted and he said ok. Then I was accepted into a program for training and to be hired on. My Manager submitted me so I didn't have to interview again. Other had two interviews one phone then one in person with your possible manager. They are all different people. Not one type so you really can't plan for them. Just be professional.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult for me. Others had to guess something based on a topic to find the answer to see how many guesses it took for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was straight forward and they gave an offer sheet with what they pay everyone for my training program. It was to good to refuse. Others I'm not sure how hard it was to negotiate. I've heard though that you should try for everything you can get upfront because you won't get much better latter. Depending on your situation.

Hopkinton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EMC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Long process . interview 1:1 with all 5 technical members in group , The with the Manager then the Group VP. Mostly all the interviews lasted about 45minuites to 1 hour per person. Process spanned several day as not all the team member were on site at the same time

Interview Questions

• 1. TCP I/P Theory of operation. differences between CIFS & NFS.
    2. Describe all different types of EMC RAID Levels and Pro vs Con on where there deployment would be best utilized.
      Answer Question
  • What is the name of the file thats responsible for initial configuration for Samba server. Describe some of the type of functions inside the config file and what
    is the name of the Param that enables CIFS functionality in Samba.
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – back and forth ..I got my number my number but the percentage of MBO was 15%. I would have preferred a high salary and only 10% MBO.

Interviewed at EMC

Interview Details – Hiring in APJC area for new graduations. Send Resume and three or more interviews.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2013.

Interview Details – This Guys screwed All The Candidates who came with belief, with their interviews.. they were just picking only 41 among 1000,s.... what they know about the sense of humor if they want to select 41 then they should had informed for max of 200 but also they are hiring only hot Girls.....

Interview Question – Not Much difficult one...   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at EMC in July 2008.

Interview Details – The initial interview was fairly straight forward as I already knew the hiring manager. I submitted my application to the recruiter, and she arranged the technical interview which was not particularly difficult. (assuming you know your basics, some simple questions about windows and linux system management and troubleshooting, a little network troubleshooting)

The longest part was waiting for the background check, which took weeks. Once that and the drug screen were done (basic urinalysis, no hair test or anything) my offer letter finally came about 40-50 days after my initial contact.

Interview Question – Nothing, really. Very straight-forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I was already making, there was nothing to negotiate

Technical Support Engineer

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at EMC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Total 4 rounds of interview
1st round - HR (telephonic)
2nd round - Technical (telephonic)
3rd round - Technical (face-to-face)
4rth round - Managerial round (face-to-face)

Interview Question – Technical questions   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EMC in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process at Emc2 for tech support engg, took 2 days it consited if 1. ability test 2. speech test 3.hr interview 4.technical interview. I got through all the rounds , yet to hear from them. Emc2 is a great company, but i think i should've sounded very interested in the job, think that will cost me in terms of getting this job. Overall, it's easy to try for tech support at emc.. u stand a good chance of getting in.

Interview Question – Questions asked on microprocessors, Os   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer

The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in August 2009.

Interview Details – Gave a detailed job and duties description to an internal employee. I interviewed over the phone and went to lunch with 4 managers. Very informal. Two months later I had a firm offer.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMC

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!

EMC Videos

EMC – Why Work for Us?

A passion for learning, innovating and success EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMC Technical Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMC employees and interview candidates.