EMC Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview on phone with HR, interview separately with each team member in person, interview with boss on phone. No second interview. There was an even exchange of information about the job verses my sharing of what/how my experience that could match it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was an offer over the phone from HR. I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

interviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

One interview. 2 interviewers and a conference call with senior mgmt. 30-60 min. Got a call the next day.,

Interview Questions

• What is the protocol that includes the three-way handshake called?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not an option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMC (Draper, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

I started as a contractor with an interview with them then an interview with the Manager at EMC. They called me back and let me know. The interview was very laid back. The most interesting interview I've ever had. I basically told them this is what I wanted and he said ok. Then I was accepted into a program for training and to be hired on. My Manager submitted me so I didn't have to interview again. Other had two interviews one phone then one in person with your possible manager. They are all different people. Not one type so you really can't plan for them. Just be professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult for me. Others had to guess something based on a topic to find the answer to see how many guesses it took for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight forward and they gave an offer sheet with what they pay everyone for my training program. It was to good to refuse. Others I'm not sure how hard it was to negotiate. I've heard though that you should try for everything you can get upfront because you won't get much better latter. Depending on your situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at EMC (Hopkinton, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Long process . interview 1:1 with all 5 technical members in group , The with the Manager then the Group VP. Mostly all the interviews lasted about 45minuites to 1 hour per person. Process spanned several day as not all the team member were on site at the same time

Interview Questions

• 1. TCP I/P Theory of operation. differences between CIFS & NFS.
      2. Describe all different types of EMC RAID Levels and Pro vs Con on where there deployment would be best utilized.

Answer Question
    • What is the name of the file thats responsible for initial configuration for Samba server. Describe some of the type of functions inside the config file and what
      is the name of the Param that enables CIFS functionality in Samba.

1 Answer

Negotiation

back and forth ..I got my number my number but the percentage of MBO was 15%. I would have preferred a high salary and only 10% MBO.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMC in August 2014.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. Aptitude, group disscussion, technical test and essay, face to face. Fairly easy in terms of difficulty in technical, aptitude and group discussion. Personal interview was rigorous and took about 40 mins.

Was asked to sign a 4 year service agreement

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMC.

Interview

no special comments interview is on captiva inputaccel the projects and how do we configure the Input accel and einput modules. interviewer asked questions regarding the multi module deleting nodes and their parameters

Negotiation

not good

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring in APJC area for new graduations. Send Resume and three or more interviews.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

This Guys screwed All The Candidates who came with belief, with their interviews.. they were just picking only 41 among 1000,s.... what they know about the sense of humor if they want to select 41 then they should had informed for max of 200 but also they are hiring only hot Girls.....

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process at Emc2 for tech support engg, took 2 days it consited if 1. ability test 2. speech test 3.hr interview 4.technical interview. I got through all the rounds , yet to hear from them. Emc2 is a great company, but i think i should've sounded very interested in the job, think that will cost me in terms of getting this job. Overall, it's easy to try for tech support at emc.. u stand a good chance of getting in.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked on microprocessors, Os   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

- Telephone interview, to review the suitability of the candidate for the role on offer. A very easy 10 minute interaction, generally by the HR.
    - Once the above round is through, there is a face to face interview scheduled. The scheduled interviews are extremely efficient and there is hardly any waiting time between rounds.
    - Based on the role on offer, there would be a minimum of 2 to 3 rounds of technical and management interactions.
    - The first round of the face to face interview is a technical round, generally one of the senior folks or subject matter experts interview the candidates here. Based on the person interviewing, skills such as aptitude, ability to apply oneself are tested. Again this can vary with the roles on offer. Difficulty levels are moderate.
    - Post the technical round, generally there is a manager interaction, wherein the immediate supervisor would interview you. This is partly technical and non - technical. General management questions on the intentions in the move are tested.
    - There can be an additional senior manager interaction, this would generally be a panel interaction with a manager and the senior manager interacting together with the candidate. Questions asked can be case studies, puzzles and situation based behavior testing. Difficulty moderate.
    - The last round is the interaction with the HR where salary negotiations happen.

Negotiation

- Negotiate hard, always better to be aware of the current salary trends in the industry whilst negotiating.
    - If there is an option, get in touch with existing EMCer's to understand what would be a good figure.