EMC Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

A quick phone interview was held after which I was asked to come in for a in-person interview. The interview was with four people, one after another (not all at once). Questions were pretty straight forward, technical questions to make sure I possessed the technical understanding I claimed to. Other than that, the interviewers did their best to describe what the job entailed.

Negotiation

Through an H.R. Rep. Had to wait a long time (about a month) to get the offer after the Manager would only strongly imply that the position was indeed mine ("It is in the hands of H.R. now").

Other Interview Reviews for EMC

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at EMC.

Interview

They are notoriously slow with their interview and hiring process. Mine was stretched out over 6 months with periods no contact for a two months and weeks at a time. Very stressful situation because you never knew where you stand. The company recruiter was unprofessional and made statements like " they will never consider paying you that salary" etc. because their compensation is based on how little they can get you to accept.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EMC (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2009.

Interview

There were 3 interviews first by the regional sales manager and an HR colleague. The interview was not really technical, it focused mostly on presales skills and HR questions. 2nd interview with the local presales manager, 3rd with him again an the regional presales manager. Focus points: customer communication, technical knowledge verification.

Negotiation

Don't be shy with the numbers, they will tell you if they cannot pay that much.