EMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Systems Administrative Interview

Associate Systems Administrative
Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EMC.

Interview Details – After the phone screen, I met with both the manager and the tech lead via phone. Both help strong conversations. The in person interview was with the same two folks, so more of a formality.

Interview Question – Past experience was tricky, as I was still in college, so relating stories as an intern and help desk deck to an enterprise IT org was tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, as I had no leverage.

Principal Business Systems Analysis Interview

Principal Business Systems Analysis
Westborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EMC in July 2010.

Interview Details – My initial contact was with a recruiter who found me through Linked In. After my resume was passed by the hiring manager, I was brought in for two rounds of interviews, the first with 4 people--my future manager, her manager, one of her peers and a future coworker. The second round was with two more of my manager's peers.

The most difficult part of this process was the waiting game; i.e. waiting to hear back from them. It took almost two months from the second interview to the offer letter, as one "key person" after another went on vacation. Very frustrating!

Interview Question – The most challenging question was when the director showed me a long, very complex process flow for the BSA team and then asked me to comment on it. As an analyst, I really wanted a long time to examine it and ask him questions, but was forced to give a gut reaction: it seems overly complex! Well, it's our new process for managing projects in IT, he replied. Oh, well. He must have liked me well enough despite this!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation, although I did get an extra 500 options.

Associate Risk Analyst Intern/Co-op Student Interview

Associate Risk Analyst Intern/Co-op Student
Westborough, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at EMC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online at the EMC company website. Speak to a recruiter or screening person. Speak directly to hiring manager over the phone. Meet with hiring manager in person for interview.

The interview described the job, what would be included, what was expected, I was given an opportunity to ask questions. Interviewer believed an important question to ask is "What is the day to day like?" and "What are the people like that I will be working with?"

Interview Question – What is an example of a challenge you faced during X leadership position and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It may have been possible to negotiate but the posted hourly wage was good enough for me as a college student!

Worked for EMC? Contribute to the Community!