EMCORE Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMCORE

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online – interviewed at EMCORE in April 2010.

There was a long gap of about 8 weeks between applying and the actual selection for interview. The Primary applicant had been selected and then worked for two weeks and then quit. I was then brought in as the next candidate in the queue and ran through 4 hours of interviews with 4 individuals in the management and work area. I felt comfortable in the process, and although the level of questions were detailed, the intent appeared to try and find out how I would fit into the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were several questions about the photovoltaic semiconductor solid state physics, and the modeling of this semiconductor junction.   Answer Question
    I asked for a salary for what I needed to make in order to make a life-transition at $65k. I was pleasantly surprised when HR added $15k to my salary request based upon my experience.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

The process took a dayinterviewed at EMCORE in January 2009.

After phone interview got paid trip + car to HQ. Face to face interview lasted for a whole day and got the chance to meet possible work group. Mix of personality + technical interview.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EMCORE in April 2011.

asked about experience, background, and other skill things