EMCORE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online - interviewed at EMCORE in April 2010.

Interview Details – There was a long gap of about 8 weeks between applying and the actual selection for interview. The Primary applicant had been selected and then worked for two weeks and then quit. I was then brought in as the next candidate in the queue and ran through 4 hours of interviews with 4 individuals in the management and work area. I felt comfortable in the process, and although the level of questions were detailed, the intent appeared to try and find out how I would fit into the team.

Interview Question – There were several questions about the photovoltaic semiconductor solid state physics, and the modeling of this semiconductor junction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary for what I needed to make in order to make a life-transition at $65k. I was pleasantly surprised when HR added $15k to my salary request based upon my experience.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Albuquerque, NM

The process took a day - interviewed at EMCORE in January 2009.

Interview Details – After phone interview got paid trip + car to HQ. Face to face interview lasted for a whole day and got the chance to meet possible work group. Mix of personality + technical interview.

Interview Question – Describe a process optimization approach.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EMCORE in April 2011.

Interview Details – asked about experience, background, and other skill things

Interview Question – things about resume   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EMCORE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMCORE interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by EMCORE employees and interview candidates.