Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at EMD Millipore
- Intern (3)
- Sales Support Specialist (2)
- Development Engineer I (2)
- Manufacturing Scientist I (2)
- Application Engineer (2)
- Assembly Technician (1)
- Financial Reporting (1)
- Global IT Lead (1)
- Human Resources Resolution Specialist (1)
- Temperatary Process Engineer II (1)
- Development Engineer III (1)
- Purchase Manager (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Quality Engineer II (1)
- Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Territory Manager (1)
- Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Lab Technician I (1)
- Quality Technician III (1)
- Test and Release Engineer (1)
- Expediting Specialist (1)
- Sales Development Specialist (1)
- Scientist (1)
- Scientist II (1)
- IT Project Manager (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Quality Technician (1)
- Project Management (1)
- Validation Engineer (1)
- Developer (1)
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Jaffrey, NH) in May 2015.
Applied via internal HR database, had an interview with validation team, took drug test, outside HR recruitment verified my references, submitted to full background check, met with HR after everything came back clear, was sent offer electronically
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore in April 2015.
First had the phone interview with several questions about your previous background, skills, experiences. Phone interview went well and then was intived for onsite interview. The interview was mainly about your skills and experiences as well.
- Standard questions, mostly asking questions/skills related to future jobs. Nothing tricky very straight forward. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Danvers, MA) in December 2014.
Group info session. There was no individual interview, but every candidate had to submit a questionnaire. We were told about the job reqs, who the company was and what they made and what type of work we would be doing. We were given expectations: be on time and call out policy.
- If you are able to stand for long periods of time. 1 Answer
Helpful (2)No Offer
I was contacted through a recruiter. Basic Questions. Nothing tricky or thought provoking. I am pretty sure that they already had an internal candidate to fill the position before I even arrived; which is annoying because I wasted my time. People were nice and polite.
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA) in September 2014.
Got call from 3rd party recruiter regarding this position (1yr contract). Gave them permission to submit my resume and got called in for an interview a week later. Went in to interview with the team lead and her manager. Was then offered the position the very next day!
- Why do you find interesting about this job? Answer Question
I went it knowing the position was going to be paid at a set rate. I was happy with the rate, so there was no negotiation.
- Accepted Offer
I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EMD Millipore.
Came back for two interviews with various people. It was fine and the interviewers were nice. The salary negotiation was shutdown immediately so salary did not go up by much so not happy about that.
- What are your best skills as a scientist? Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Jaffrey, NH).
It was only a few minutes after the agreed upon time, and the interviewer was very polite and professional. I was virtually being offered the job then, but was told that I'd get a call, which came across as more of a formality than anything, and I felt that my chances were pretty good. I did not receive one, however, and I was surprised to find that my emails went unanswered for long periods of time, and with very cryptic responses. I think the person in charge of hiring is simply overworked, as she made casually mentioned the fact that she is responsible for scores of individuals, but as someone seeking gainful employment, it's annoying to not be told whether or not I will hired in a relatively short amount of time.
- There were no real surprise questions that one wouldn't expect from a fairly standard job interview. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA).
People were friendly, head quarters is modern and clean. Straight forward 1:1 interview with immediate supervisor, HR and upper sales management. Any additional detail will establish my identity. Sales force is very small.
- Tell me about a time you over came your greatest weakness. Answer Question
I was given everything I asked for. It was un eventful and simple.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA).
Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Interviewed by the hiring manager, HR and other associates within the group. 30 minutes are allotted for each interview.
- Question about business strategy in an emerging market space. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMD Millipore (Bedford, MA).
Already an employee at EMD Millipore, serving in a different role in the department.
- Why did I want to stay with the company? Answer Question
Not able to negotiate.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review