EMD Millipore

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Billerica, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EMD Millipore in December 2012.

Interview Details – Went through the HR phone interview, followed by the hiring manager phone interview, then the peer phone interview, each 1/2 hour long. General questions around my approach to PM, with one scenario question from the peers. Had a 1/2 day in-person interview focusing on management of large projects with large teams. Called in for a second 1/2 day in-person interview, different group of people but focusing on the same things. After this they never got back to me and never responded to requests for feedback.

Interview Question – How would I manage large projects, what is the largest project I have ever run.   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at EMD Millipore.

Interview Details – Hired internally within company from a different division, series of three interview segment with a total of 6 people. Job description left a little to be desired, they were all over the place, but coming from within the company, I was able to better understand the needs and existing processes.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years as far as a development plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existent.

Development Engineer III Interview

Development Engineer III
Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMD Millipore.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR, to weed out who they will bring in. Once the face to face is set up the interview is with 4-6 managers and someone who will be a co-worker (one at a time, not as a group) in the group you're hiring into. Each lasts 45 min to an hour and will cover both a technical review as well as an evaluation of personality to determine how well the potential employee will fit in with everyone.

Interview Question – NONE   Answer Question

Development Engineer I Interview

Development Engineer I
New Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMD Millipore in July 2012.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend. Initially, had one on one interview. Second interview consisted of meeting with other colleagues. Questions that were asked are based on resume and behavior. Very nice and easier going people.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this business?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, contract hire

Test and Release Engineer Interview

Test and Release Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EMD Millipore in June 2012.

Interview Details – Started with initial phone screen. Contacted by another HR person a week or so later for a follow-up interview. Another week or so goes by then I have a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager, other test and release engineers, and other senior engineers in the company. Toured the facility. Everyone was quite nice and personable. Pretty low-stress experience.

Interview Question – Only technical question was from the other test and release engineer. Just a simple circuit diagram, was asked to find the current through the circuit based on voltage and resistances.   Answer Question

Scientist II Interview

Scientist II
Saint Louis, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at EMD Millipore in August 2009.

Interview Details – Several 1:1 interviews, including HR, presentation and behavior based panel interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with your supervisor- how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation.

Development Engineer I Interview

Development Engineer I
Bedford, MA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at EMD Millipore in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of going through my resume with one behavioral question at the end. 2nd interview was 1:1 with HR person followed by panel interview with engineers, and then a tour of the facilities. Questions were not so much questions, as they were: "tell me more about this project you did at this job"

Interview Question – How did you figure out the gear ratio needed for the design project you had at your previous job?   View Answer

Senior Engineering Interview

Senior Engineering
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EMD Millipore in July 2010.

Interview Details – I knew the postion from one of my friends, who got it from a recruiter. Had a phone interview first with the recruiter and it went pretty well.Dig out a little bit more information from the recruiter. The phone interview with the hiring manager was about half hour and more focused on scientific side as usual. Specifically asked the solution for the technical difficulty they have right now and what's my suggestion. Provided a couple of potential new ideals while different from what they are trying. The one i think may not lead to a success depending on the level of tolerance. All went ok in genral, while they think that they are looking for somebody with closer experience in the specific area. It is difficult to control how much you should tell in detail if they ask the specific technical question. As you know sometimes people just fish creative ideas.

Interview Question – technical question   View Answer

Developer Interview

Developer
Becket, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at EMD Millipore in September 2009.

Interview Details – First the initial screening went on for a devloper position. they explained the tools they are using like lotus domino, front end and oracle products. initially they dint gave any JD clearly as they dint mentione technology.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes, they are comfortable for negotiation

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EMD Millipore in June 2013.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager only, no HR or second person present at interview.
This was for a contract role so didn't know whether a second stage was going to be likely but didn't get a call back anyway.
Very pleasant, no trick questions but no real in depth ones either.

Interview Question – There weren't any - whether this was because they'd already decided I wasn't going further I don't know.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMD Millipore