EMD Millipore Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.9

Application Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMD Millipore.

Interview

1 round of interview with 3-4 managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary negotiated after job offer.

Lab Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EMD Millipore (Bedford, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Within a week of my application, I received a call from a staffing agency that saw my resume online. From there, they asked me if I was okay with the specific parameters of the job, e.g. schedule, job duties, and expectations. When I said yes, I set up an interview for the next week. The interview was quick (only 15 minutes) and relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than other applicants? Specifically, why does your education and experience make you more qualified than others?   Answer Question

The pay was not enough to make up for the horrible schedule.

Collections Specialist Interview

Interview

Interveiew process included two interviews, first interview was with the supervisor of the department, second interview was with four people including other managers from other departments. Heard back in two weeks, was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No neogiation needed, happy with offer.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EMD Millipore.

Interview

Hired internally within company from a different division, series of three interview segment with a total of 6 people. Job description left a little to be desired, they were all over the place, but coming from within the company, I was able to better understand the needs and existing processes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years as far as a development plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent.

Development Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMD Millipore (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, to weed out who they will bring in. Once the face to face is set up the interview is with 4-6 managers and someone who will be a co-worker (one at a time, not as a group) in the group you're hiring into. Each lasts 45 min to an hour and will cover both a technical review as well as an evaluation of personality to determine how well the potential employee will fit in with everyone.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EMD Millipore (Billerica, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Went through the HR phone interview, followed by the hiring manager phone interview, then the peer phone interview, each 1/2 hour long. General questions around my approach to PM, with one scenario question from the peers. Had a 1/2 day in-person interview focusing on management of large projects with large teams. Called in for a second 1/2 day in-person interview, different group of people but focusing on the same things. After this they never got back to me and never responded to requests for feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage large projects, what is the largest project I have ever run.   Answer Question

Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMD Millipore (New Bedford, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Initially, had one on one interview. Second interview consisted of meeting with other colleagues. Questions that were asked are based on resume and behavior. Very nice and easier going people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, contract hire

Test and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMD Millipore (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Started with initial phone screen. Contacted by another HR person a week or so later for a follow-up interview. Another week or so goes by then I have a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager, other test and release engineers, and other senior engineers in the company. Toured the facility. Everyone was quite nice and personable. Pretty low-stress experience.

Interview Questions

• Only technical question was from the other test and release engineer. Just a simple circuit diagram, was asked to find the current through the circuit based on voltage and resistances.   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMD Millipore (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

15 min phone interview by HR, asked if I was willing to consider a different position first. and confirmed the salary range.
    10 min phone interview by another HR
    10 min interview by another person
    face to face interview by 7 people
    Tour
    People I interviewed with were generally very nice.
    The big boss tried to educate me a bit scientifically which I appreciated.
    Another manager offered a tour of his lab.

Senior Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMD Millipore (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

I knew the postion from one of my friends, who got it from a recruiter. Had a phone interview first with the recruiter and it went pretty well.Dig out a little bit more information from the recruiter. The phone interview with the hiring manager was about half hour and more focused on scientific side as usual. Specifically asked the solution for the technical difficulty they have right now and what's my suggestion. Provided a couple of potential new ideals while different from what they are trying. The one i think may not lead to a success depending on the level of tolerance. All went ok in genral, while they think that they are looking for somebody with closer experience in the specific area. It is difficult to control how much you should tell in detail if they ask the specific technical question. As you know sometimes people just fish creative ideas.