EMD Serono

Updated Oct 12, 2014

Scientific Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billerica, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EMD Serono in October 2014.

I was contacted through a staffing agency regarding this assignment. The recruiter thought that I would be a good fit for it based on my resume, so I scheduled a 30-minute phone interview with her. Our conversation went well, and an in-person interview was scheduled for the week after. On the morning of the scheduled interview, I received a call from the recruiter, explaining that the hiring manager wasn't able to make it, and had to reschedule. I readily agreed to that, eager to meet with the manager and her team. When the time came to interview, two friendly administrative assistants from the manager's team showed up first. As they were telling me about the job, and asking questions about my experience, I quickly realized that this position was primarily an administrative support role; I was led to believe it was something more from the position title and my initial chat with the recruiter. The training manager came in next and asked me similar questions. We talked about my last role, which wasn't administrative. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager showed up - she didn't ask me too many questions, as her team had already done most of the work. I don't fault her for that at all, as it seems like a very busy place. She walked me out at the end, told me they would contact the recruiter about a decision next week. It was a positive experience overall, but I was disappointed that the role wasn't as "scientific" as I thought. My goal is to use my administrative experience as a strong foundation to take on different types of roles.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging role you've had in your career, and why?   View Answer

EMD Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMD Serono in May 2013.

applied through co-op advisor in college and got call for 2 of the positions

Manager - Program Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EMD Serono in December 2012.

Applied online and HR setup a phone screen week later. Made it through 2 more screens and then flew out for interview for the morning sessions. All interviews were 1 on 1 with about 4 people I would be engaged with. Also gave me a quick tour of the facility.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockland, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMD Serono in August 2010.

Lengthy interview process. Spent over eight hours at company. Enjoyed meeting various people, levels, and functions. Everyone was friendly and forthcoming with information on the company and job I was interviewing for. The offices are impressive.

Disappointing as far as recruiter communication though... I was able to go on 2 rounds of interviews, plus a third over the phone, but then heard nothing. It has been almost 3 weeks since I was told they were definitely making a decision. I understand every person that applies for a job cannot be contacted, however if you are brought in for an interview (several at that!) someone should have the courtesy to take 5 minutes and call you back, email, or even snail mail a letter saying they have moved forward with someone else! Especially seeing as I have professionally emailed and left 2 voice message with the recruiter. The latter asking that I please be called either way on their final decision as another offer is on my plate for another company. Serono was my first choice, but if this is how they communicate then maybe it is better I do not work there!

Key Account Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EMD Serono in April 2010.

I had a phone interview and two 1:1 interviews. The initial 1:1 interview was straight forward. The second interviewer came in with preconceived beliefs about my former company and consequently me. She kept trying to get me to speak ill about my former company. She had previously worked for my former company and had a bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 3 most important attributes of a sales representative?   View Answer
    • How would you describe a successful day?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EMD Serono in July 2009.

Great group of people, several departements participated in the process. Two rounds plus up front phone screen.

Still a very innvoative culture, experiencing growth. Still think like a small company and did not meet alot of people who were "experts" in their field.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations?
      This was a little frustrating in the process, because for a relocation moving for less than a 10% increase is not realistic.

View Answer

Did not meet financial package needed.

Manager, Reimbursement Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EMD Serono.

had A Phone Interview With HR. Had To DoPersonally TestOnLine ThanSecond Interview With Program Manager

Senior Human Resources Role Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EMD Serono in July 2010.

They mostly communicated through a headhunter and were quite indecisive. Nice people, but not overly impressive in terms of how things were run. The impression is that everyone is over worked and tries to put on the best face possible - it did not work.

Interview Questions
    • how are you going to fix certain problems we have not be able to fix?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at EMD Serono in June 2010.

Their interview process takes a pretty long time and it took almost a month just to schedule my first face to face interview. They first canceled an interview (I didn't even know I had because I never confirmed anything...) a day before. When they finally called me back with a confirmation date, they also didn't give me much notice, asking if I could come in the next day during the afternoon. However, the facility (in Rockland) is extremely nice and high tech. The people there seemed like they would be fun to work with. I was disappointed they led me on, as I wasn't called back for a second interview. I felt like I answered the questions well, connected with the people, and that overall I was well qualified for the position. They kept saying how great all my experience was and how it would fit this position well, and then proceeded to move on in the interview process. I met with 3 people, and they pretty much all asked me the same basic questions related to the tasks required of the position and salary requirements. The whole process took about 2 hours. They asked questions like "What areas do you feel you can improve on?" "How would you handle stressful situations?" and things similar to that.

Interview Questions
    • We all work in a team together. How would you handle taking orders from different people and what would you do when they all tell you to do something different?   View Answer
    • What areas do you think you can improve on?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EMD Serono in November 2009.

I was initially contacted by the staffing agency to see if I was interested in the position. The initial interview was with the HR Manager. She referred me to the QA Director and my second interview was with her on a separate day. My advise is to be prepared. Check sites that give you interview questions and be prepared to speak to all aspects of your resume. Remember the first question will probably be "tell me about yourself". So be prepared with your answer. The other biggie is "what is your greatest weakness". Pick only one that is work related, speak to it, then explain what you are doing about it. Otherwise, just relax, remember you are trying to market yourself so you know you better than anyone else. And don't be afraid to laugh.