EMP Museum

Very Easy Interview

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EMP Museum.

Interview Details – The absolute best time to seek employment at EMP is in the spring, because that is when they hire on additional staff to be ready for summer tourism. I found out about the job through a job fair advertisement on Craigslist.

I went down to the museum on a Saturday afternoon, mentioned the advertisement I saw online, and was ushered into a room with two rectangular tables on either side. Two supervisors interviewed me, asked about my customer service experience and why I wanted to work at EMP. They made it clear to me that the job would be temporary -- only for the summer -- but, if I showed promise as a dedicated employee, there could be a few permanent spots open.

Two days later, I received a call from the department manager and informed I was selected for the position. I returned to the museum in the afternoon, signed NDAs and tax paperwork, and started that weekend.

Interview Question – This is a summer-temporary position, but there may be a couple full time, benefit-eligible positions open at the end of the summer. What makes you different than the last applicant and why should we extend your employment after the summer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The hourly wage was set in the NDA paperwork for all applicants and I was okay with the pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EMP Museum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EMP Museum Guest Services Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by EMP Museum employees and interview candidates.