EMP Museum Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at EMP Museum

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EMP Museum (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The absolute best time to seek employment at EMP is in the spring, because that is when they hire on additional staff to be ready for summer tourism. I found out about the job through a job fair advertisement on Craigslist. I went down to the museum on a Saturday afternoon, mentioned the advertisement I saw online, and was ushered into a room with two rectangular tables on either side. Two supervisors interviewed me, asked about my customer service experience and why I wanted to work at EMP. They made it clear to me that the job would be temporary -- only for the summer -- but, if I showed promise as a dedicated employee, there could be a few permanent spots open. Two days later, I received a call from the department manager and informed I was selected for the position. I returned to the museum in the afternoon, signed NDAs and tax paperwork, and started that weekend.

Interview Questions

• This is a summer-temporary position, but there may be a couple full time, benefit-eligible positions open at the end of the summer. What makes you different than the last applicant and why should we extend your employment after the summer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The hourly wage was set in the NDA paperwork for all applicants and I was okay with the pay.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EMP Museum (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

initial communication was direct, interview style was casual. The team was open to questions, and the process seemed well organized.

Interview Questions

Had another offer that was a better fit.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMP Museum (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone call first; group interview second with team; third interview with offer following meeting with direct supervisor and supervisor's senior leader. Overall good with direct questioning from prospective coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specific technical experience using programs   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief with little room to negotiation