ENMAX Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting an application, I was contacted to arrange a phone screening interview with HR recruiting rep. They then contacted me to arrange an in-person interview with HR and the hiring manager. After three weeks I followed up to check on status, to be informed that they "would not be moving forward", and that they thought they had sent an email. Well they hadn't, and it definitely leaves a bad taste for taking the time to meet with them and to be left hanging.

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ENMAX Corporation.

Interview

First a brief phone call interview with a couple general questions. The following week there was another phone interview - it was an hour long with several people from multiple business functions, then there was a day long interview with multiple sessions, meet and greet, and lunch

Interview Questions

• Why Enmax? What experience do you have that would help you in a role with Enmax?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Ban Phone Savang (Laos)) in February 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was taken place about one week after I applied the job. It was only general qualification checking questions. You will get a call back if you meet all their requirement. Please remember they are very strict about their education deadline. Second phone interview was taken place one week later the first interview. About 1 hour long. Behaviour questions. The last round will be taken place in Calgary. I only did the first 2 interviews. Waiting for the phone call next week. I might get it if I'm lucky enough.

Interview Questions

• Why Enmax? What's ur most challenging task ? What's ur biggest achievement ? How to attract and plan a project ?   1 Answer

EIT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ENMAX Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

online application then phone screening interview. They mostly are interested in new graduate (and not masters student). The application process is quite simple and not tedious . Basically, they just need you to upload your cover letter and resume.

Interview Questions

• very informal interview and was asked behavioural based questions e.g Why dod you want to work with Enmax?   Answer Question

EIT Position Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was asked questions about Enmax and if I knew the EIT program. Also familiarity with the power system in Alberta (AESO). De-regulation in generation, etc. They were very strict on when you graduate though. December 2014 and May 2015. Our convocation was in October 2014, so I wasn't eligible for program. Very interesting.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything very difficult. Just normal behaviour based questions. And simple for new grads.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was your typical interview process but was handled very unprofessionally towards end of process.
    I had a phone interview and was called in for the 2nd in person interview. I met with 2 members of the team, and the HR rep. Interview was normal- standard interview. No surprises The very next day I was contacted, telling me that I was moving forward in the process and they requested Gov't issued ID etc. for the criminal background check. All of this is standard and listed on their website under hiring. I provided everything that was requested. The next day, HR calls me asking if I was still interested in the position? as they were moving forward with me. They also asked if I had any other offers , as they needed to know how quickly they needed to move with an offer. I didn't have any current offers and HR then told me I would be contacted by the background check company. A week goes by and I hear nothing. I contact HR and ask for a status update. I get no response. After 4 days, I called them directly. I am then informed that they are " looking" at the budget and now aren't sure if position is basically available. Another week goes by and I then get an email stating they went with another candidate. They let me believe for over 2 weeks that all was well, and that things were progressing- only to get a rejection email weeks later that I believe is false. I don't believe that any one was chosen and that it was canceled entirely. It is scary that this is how a business operates. Beginning of the quarter, you allow for a new position, and by the end of it? you need to eliminate it? VERY poor management and the entire situation was handled very unprofessionally. If the job went through, I probably would have been laid off the very next quarter. SO beware that when applying? Ask if it is a NEW or exisiting positon. VERY disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioural interview questions...." Give me a time when you didn't complete an assignment etc."   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2010.

Interview

Was emailed for an introductory phone interview with a HR representative which was about thirty minutes in length and was quite general about my background and interest in ENMAX. A week later there was a longer phone interview which was almost an hour in length and was behavioural based with my future supervisor and an HR rep. Then an in person meet and greet, tour and another one hour panel interview with my future supervisor, an HR rep and the department head.

The whole process was extremely well organized and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary and a later start date.

ASR Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ENMAX Corporation in March 2010.

Interview

Very rhetorical interview, questions were based on text book material. Nothing to do with the job.

Systems Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ENMAX Corporation (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

Panel interview via conference call. Admin assistant scheduled interview in a few days. Interview facilitators appeared to be inexperienced, distracted, and underprepared. Surprisingly