ENVIRON Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Associate Interview

On site directly after be referred to this company

Other Interview Reviews for ENVIRON

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON in April 2012.

The interviews were really very easy. I interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone, and a few days later they called me in for an in-person interview. The office is really nice, great view of the river down below. I spoke with HR first and they asked me a couple basic questions like my last job, what I'm looking for, etc. Then I spoke with the hiring manager again, and the most technical thing I was asked was what type of clients I've done work for in the past. Really easy. Then I sat with two other senior managers, and it was similar to my conversation with the hiring manager. A couple days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really have to negotiate because they gave me what I asked for. I looked at Glassdoor before my interview, and from previous reviews it looked like people said compensation was above average for the industry. So I went big (considering my years of experience) and they offered me what I asked for. Maybe I should have asked for more!

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON in October 2010.

I spoke with a recruiter at my college's career fair and expressed my interest in the company. A little over a month later the HR person contacted me to schedule an interview at the headquarters. We communicated back and forth over e-mail and she was very accommodating and responded to my messages promptly. I was flown to DC and spent the day speaking with different associates in the office - I think 11 people in total. Most of the conversations I had felt more like getting to know you sessions rather than an assessment of my skills. At the very end of the day I spoke with one of the prinicpals who probed more into why I was interested in working for the company and how I thought my previous experience made me qualified for the position. The day was long and exhausting, but not very challenging. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly, but I didn't get the impression that people socialized a lot in the office. I was disappointed that I mainly spoke with people in higher positions; I would have preferred to spend more time speaking with entry-level associates who were in the position that I would be filling. I received a job offer about a week after I returned to school and was given a couple of months to respond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ENVIRON in May 2010.

It was a long interview process, but otherwise low-stress. I met with about a dozen different employees (associates in pairs, managers and principles 1:1) over the course of 6 hours. Everyone I met with seemed very friendly and smart, and they generally just interested in talking to me about why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • (mostly general questions about my understanding of ENVIRON and why I wanted to work there)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at ENVIRON in January 2009.

Spent a day at the ENVIRON office.
    Interviewed with numerous people in the office starting with the Principals then with some managers and then finally with some associates. Most of the people asked me the same questions and they spoke a lot about the type of work they did and how exciting and cool it was to work for ENVIRON.
    We went out to lunch.
    Interview lasted from 9-4.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you experience and how you think it will help you with your work at ENVIRON?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have demonstrated initiative? Give me an example of a time where you had to solve a challenging problem? How did you approach solving it?   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation.
    At least ask for a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON in January 2008.

Rigorous process that required multiple interviews with almost everyone within the office. Questions were challenging, and often oriented on the theme "How can you help me or this company?" not as much on skill sets, what you know, or what your resume says. In other words, convince us of your value.

Associate Interview

I submitted a resume cold through the website, but I had been talking to another Associate from the same school who worked for the company. The interview was most of the day, and I rotated through at least 4 top people, plus had lunch with two more associates, no doubt to keep me comfortable during the day.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ENVIRON in February 2012.

Really friendly people, make you feel comfortable and supportive.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ENVIRON in October 2009.

The interview lasted a whole day. I got to meet 12 people during the interview. It was a laid back and friendly interview with half an hour presentation that I had to present. I got to meet their principals, managers and associates that I would eventually work with. Overall, it was a nice experience to me.