ENVIRON Interview Questions

2.6

Associate V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ENVIRON.

Getting-to-know-you questions only, which gave me the opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company structure and what my job would entail. I had five interviewers, and they interviewed me one at a time. Everyone was very friendly. The interview process really varies a lot from office to office and even from group to group.

Associate Interview

On site directly after be referred to this company

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON.

I really enjoyed my interview process. The Human Resources team was extremely nice and friendly and handled my interview schedule and paperwork efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions. My interview was more conversational and laid-back than formal interview.   Answer Question

Air Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online – interviewed at ENVIRON in January 2013.

Extremely long interview process. Met with everyone in the office for an interview. Most of the questions were pretty repetitive. Examples: strengths, weaknesses, why do you want to work for Environ, why do you want this position, etc.

Before lunch, I was asked to give a 5-10 minute interview in front of the entire office. Then I was treated to lunch, during which I was interviewed more. After lunch, more interviewing. The whole process lasted from 9 till 3.

Interview Questions
    • Somewhat unexpected: Have you been applying to other jobs? Have you gotten any other interviews or job offers? What is the minimum salary you would accept?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON in April 2012.

The interviews were really very easy. I interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone, and a few days later they called me in for an in-person interview. The office is really nice, great view of the river down below. I spoke with HR first and they asked me a couple basic questions like my last job, what I'm looking for, etc. Then I spoke with the hiring manager again, and the most technical thing I was asked was what type of clients I've done work for in the past. Really easy. Then I sat with two other senior managers, and it was similar to my conversation with the hiring manager. A couple days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really have to negotiate because they gave me what I asked for. I looked at Glassdoor before my interview, and from previous reviews it looked like people said compensation was above average for the industry. So I went big (considering my years of experience) and they offered me what I asked for. Maybe I should have asked for more!

Due Diligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ENVIRON in March 2012.

campus recruiting, sort of causal, the recruiter is the office manager, I think they have been trying to find the right person for quite a while, but college graduates generally don't have enough experience in M&A due diligence, most students didn't get offer

Interview Questions
    • what's your previous working experience that is related to this position?   Answer Question

Associate With the Air Quality Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON in October 2011.

I initially heard about Environ because one of the principals taught a seminar I took in college. About a year and a half after I had graduated and was looking to transition out of my first post-college job, I attended a career fair on campus and spoke with a representative from Environ. After speaking with her, I submitted a resume and cover letter. A short time later, I was asked to supply a transcript and technical writing sample. A few days after that, I was asked to come in for an all-day interview.
    During the interview, I met with maybe seven groups of about 2-3 people each at all levels of the company, and we had an opportunity to ask each other questions. I thought this was really helpful as an interviewee because I got to meet a whole lot of people, learn about different parts of the organization and get a pretty good sense of organizational structure and dynamics. I was really impressed with the company's efforts to promote cooperation and communication and found everyone I met with very friendly and helpful. One potential drawback of the system is that you don't get to spend much time with any one person or group, so it's hard for them to learn much in depth about you... it's easy to just give a brief, superficial introduction to yourself over and over again... which sort of puts the pressure on you to push through quickly and make you're proactive about conveying what you want to convey.
    The impression I got is that the team at Environ was most interested in a) demonstrated ability to learn technical skills and execute them with a high degree of accuracy and b) sincere motivation and desire to do the work and be part of the team.

Interview Questions
    • The question that probably put me on the spot most was this one: "What's your favorite Excel function?" One of the team members apparently ALWAYS asks this question, and really likes it because it's a quick way of assessing how experienced and comfortable someone is with Excel. I would definitely recommend giving this question some thought before interviewing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON in October 2010.

I spoke with a recruiter at my college's career fair and expressed my interest in the company. A little over a month later the HR person contacted me to schedule an interview at the headquarters. We communicated back and forth over e-mail and she was very accommodating and responded to my messages promptly. I was flown to DC and spent the day speaking with different associates in the office - I think 11 people in total. Most of the conversations I had felt more like getting to know you sessions rather than an assessment of my skills. At the very end of the day I spoke with one of the prinicpals who probed more into why I was interested in working for the company and how I thought my previous experience made me qualified for the position. The day was long and exhausting, but not very challenging. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly, but I didn't get the impression that people socialized a lot in the office. I was disappointed that I mainly spoke with people in higher positions; I would have preferred to spend more time speaking with entry-level associates who were in the position that I would be filling. I received a job offer about a week after I returned to school and was given a couple of months to respond.

Associate IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ENVIRON in June 2010.

I interviewed with several managers and principals in the LA and Irvine offices.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard, practical ones. I don't recall any very difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. entry-level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ENVIRON in May 2010.

It was a long interview process, but otherwise low-stress. I met with about a dozen different employees (associates in pairs, managers and principles 1:1) over the course of 6 hours. Everyone I met with seemed very friendly and smart, and they generally just interested in talking to me about why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • (mostly general questions about my understanding of ENVIRON and why I wanted to work there)   Answer Question