ENVIRON Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.6

Due Diligence Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ENVIRON (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I met with 5 people in total. The HR rep was very welcoming, and they had a nice itinerary set up. I met with a project manager, 2 low-level associates, and one higher-level associate. Everyone was nice and seemed most interested in learning about my background and telling me about the company and the position. I can't remember being asked any weird or trick questions. They were very upfront about high expectations and the downsides of the job.

Interview Questions

• Both of the higher-level individuals went over my resume in detail and asked me to explain what was on it, particularly about research experience   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ENVIRON.

Interview

I hand in my resume during a career fair at my University. Two weeks later a recruiter called me and arranged a phone interview in the following week. My coursework, work experience and excel skills were asked during the interview, and he explained the internship position and the company culture. Then I was invited to the office interview, where I was interviewed by 4 people from consultants to managers and to the office lead. It was laid back, chill conversation about my interest and understanding of the company. They also explained the company's culture and practice and asked me to ask questions.

Environmental Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ENVIRON.

Interview

I was called by the manager after applying online. I received a phone interview after three weeks passed since I had applied. During the phone interview, he told me a little about the company, the position, and the basics of the industry. I was warned it was a very technical job and not meant for everyone, however, I was up for the challenge and wanted to learn. I was called back for an in-person interview that week. I was interviewed by three people simultaneously. The interview took about an hour. I received a call for an offer three days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I using Microsoft Office and what I would rate my proficiency?   Answer Question

Associate V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

Interview

Getting-to-know-you questions only, which gave me the opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company structure and what my job would entail. I had five interviewers, and they interviewed me one at a time. Everyone was very friendly. The interview process really varies a lot from office to office and even from group to group.

Associate Interview

Interview

On site directly after be referred to this company

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview was through a conference call. The overall experience is quite relaxing. Two senior engineers interviewed me. They first introduced themselves and then asked me to introduce myself. Then they talked about the position they are gonna offer and asked me whether that is what I wanted to work. Then they almost asked me every question on my resume. and at the very end, they asked many behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be an consultant, not an engineer?
      What's my strength and weakness?
      Any questions I want to ask from them?

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview process. The Human Resources team was extremely nice and friendly and handled my interview schedule and paperwork efficiently.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions. My interview was more conversational and laid-back than formal interview.   Answer Question

Air Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ENVIRON (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Extremely long interview process. Met with everyone in the office for an interview. Most of the questions were pretty repetitive. Examples: strengths, weaknesses, why do you want to work for Environ, why do you want this position, etc.

Before lunch, I was asked to give a 5-10 minute interview in front of the entire office. Then I was treated to lunch, during which I was interviewed more. After lunch, more interviewing. The whole process lasted from 9 till 3.

Interview Questions

• Somewhat unexpected: Have you been applying to other jobs? Have you gotten any other interviews or job offers? What is the minimum salary you would accept?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ENVIRON (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

The interviews were really very easy. I interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone, and a few days later they called me in for an in-person interview. The office is really nice, great view of the river down below. I spoke with HR first and they asked me a couple basic questions like my last job, what I'm looking for, etc. Then I spoke with the hiring manager again, and the most technical thing I was asked was what type of clients I've done work for in the past. Really easy. Then I sat with two other senior managers, and it was similar to my conversation with the hiring manager. A couple days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really have to negotiate because they gave me what I asked for. I looked at Glassdoor before my interview, and from previous reviews it looked like people said compensation was above average for the industry. So I went big (considering my years of experience) and they offered me what I asked for. Maybe I should have asked for more!

Due Diligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ENVIRON (Newark, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

campus recruiting, sort of causal, the recruiter is the office manager, I think they have been trying to find the right person for quite a while, but college graduates generally don't have enough experience in M&A due diligence, most students didn't get offer

Interview Questions

• what's your previous working experience that is related to this position?   Answer Question