EOG Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.6

Geological Technical Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EOG.

initial phone interview was very short, and sweet. the basic tell me about yourself, and listen about what the job duties would be and if i would be interested.

invited to complete an interview on site, where i would meet with 6 members of the staff first half of the day and go to lunch with everyone. i was invited to stay a little longer and meet a few more people not on initial list and regional office VP.

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary. very laid back, straight forward and no funny business. wanted to make sure you were a good fit for the company and the people who you would be working with.   Answer Question
    didnt need to negotiate. as a college grad the offer was generous

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at EOG in May 2014.

You really need to know someone to get this job interview. Very decent people. Contacted a friend who set up the interview. I did well but I did not have the required IADC certification needed for this position, I am currently working on the IADC examination and I will try to get another interview.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EOG.

2 telephonic rounds and then one face to face interview. The entire process took around 2 weeks and then another 3 weeks for negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • General BA questions. Not many technical questions. Some questions around domain knowledge.   Answer Question

Facilities Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EOG.

It was very laid back and I was interviewed by 2 engineers (not HR people) one who had been with the company a long time and another who had recently graduated and was an intern. They asked questions more about how I would handle engineering situations and things related to my resume then technical things. Overall it wasn't stressful and pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult one was probably a question about a time where you worked in a group of people and they didn't get along, what did you do? Still there weren't any gotcha type questions.   Answer Question

Senior Environmental Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EOG in August 2012.

I was run through "the gauntlet" of senior and senior management staff with whom I'd be working as I was told that the process was made on a consensus basis. Interviews consisted of a series of visits to the Division Office...3 trips, which EOG paid for. Received accolades about my background and experience in oil and gas regulatory and my technical expertise from operations, permitting/regulatory and government affairs. Glowing recommendations from peers and former clients whom I encouraged them to contact.

Never spoke to an HR person until I was set up for an interview with the Division Manager/VP. Spoke with two HR people prior to my same-day meeting with HR (a very young HR person and one very old). Conversation very general, and spent most of time going over the company benefits and perks.

Was pressed for salary expectations, but only stated that I would be able to fit in their budgeted range were we to reach an agreement to offer me employment, Older HR person became visibly upset. Just kept telling him that I was confident if we agreed I was a "good fit" with them, I was sure we could work out a fair compensation package. Kept pressing me but politely refused.

Interview with DIvision Mgr/VP went well, especially considering that the entire interview panel/management had "warned" me he was "quirky" and could be "off the wall." I found none of that in my interview and felt completely comfortable and confident in speaking with him as he was an obviously highly intelligent individual and not hard to hold conversation with.

No one in the entire process asked me a single technical question about my work and background. Told my professional story and was only asked, "why do you want to work here," and "what questions do you have for us?" I did little or no talking except in my very first interview. By the time I had run "the gauntlet" I was 99 percent sure I would see an offer. Called back the next day to follow-up and was told by a senior staffer that HR had concerns and "the consensus was I didn't fit the EOG culture." Say what? I hardly discussed anything with HR, except "why do you want to work here?"

Maybe it was the giant bruise I had on my chin from a mountain bike wreck a couple days before? LOL.

Have never not received an offer for a position that I've gone that far with....all in all, that just seemed strange.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations (expected question)?   View Answer
    • Describe how you deal with frustration? How do you rate yourself regarding attention to detail?   Answer Question

Warehouse Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvarado, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvarado, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EOG in December 2011.

Go in and work with the crew and see what you will be doing for a day or two.

Interview Questions
    Be relaxed and chill. It's a very very laid back job with laid back people. even the managers. Everyone is actually an equal here.

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, MT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, MT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EOG in September 2011.

Got an initial phone interview and was told I would hear back in a week. Initial interview went well and I was even sent a more detailed job description and the starting salary info including bonuses and stock options. After the initial interview I was suppose to get a call back to set up a formal interview but I never heard back from anyone and the recruiter would not respond to my email. Oviously some of ENRONS culture still lurks in the reformed EOG resources.

Land Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EOG in October 2010.

I loved the two people I interviewed with. Was honestly the most laid back and stress free interview I've ever had. I applied even though I didn't have the major they were looking for and they granted me the interview. Thought this was a plus for the company that they weren't afraid to look outside the box. Didn't get the job (the major), but they were so nice that they actually looked for other positions for me and the HR lady was so awesome that she even recommended me to another company,

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EOG in July 2008.

My initial communication was by phone and answered some interview questions. I didn't hear anything back for several weeks, but I kept calling to inquire about the position.

Then I finally received a call for an interview which took about a month.

Interview process went smoothly - first with someone I would be replacing and then I was interviewed by my boss. He was very easy to talk to and explained the position clearly.

It took another 2-3 weeks before I heard back from the HR department offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my mode of transportation would be to get to work! I said I would probably ride the bus which they questioned because ther would be some nights I would have to work late. I let them know it would not be a problem as my bus runs pretty late or I could always get my husband to pick me up if need be.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation as a I had already told them what I wanted, which is what I was offered.

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at EOG in November 2009.

One day in office. Met with division manager first to go over technical background and why i was interested in the position. Next was a panel including the division manager and senior management of office. More specific technical questions and some "just for fun" IQ puzzles. Later a meeting with HR manager about my expectations for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to this industry given that your degree isn't specific to petroleum?   View Answer
    No negotiation, just an offer. Had 2 weeks to accept or decline. Accept the offer. Great company and atmosphere.