EPAM

2.9

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Some common questions

Delivery Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EPAM.

Had a phone interview with HR about my past experience and background. Then a phone interview with VP and then phone interview with client.
    Asked about if I had previous experience with technology they are going to use with the client and how I can work with gaps in teams knowledge.

Was able to negotiate a slight increase in base salary

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online – interviewed at EPAM.

after a short and bottom lined phone conversation I came to the office and met a very nice HR women. we only had a few informal sentences and she directed me to the head of the HR office. After having another informal interview with him I had to come back a few weeks later to meet the CEO and interview with h im as well. That was a very uncomfortable one since he would not talk to me not even looked at me, Just chated with the HR guy. However I got hired and loved th job

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation. I was told that there are brackets for every position and I got the highest possible salary in my bracket

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grodno (Belarus)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grodno (Belarus)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EPAM.

Resume, phone call, 1:1 light interview, 2-month training (1 month at home, 2-nd at the office), Group Interview and Skills Test. After that I had a 3-month probation.

Senior Java Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EPAM in September 2014.

I am a senior developer. I was contacted through linked in by an epam hr. She had some general discussion on technology as in what technologies i know and work on. Whether i know scala etc, and what are the challenging tasks and assignments i have done in my past career. She also discusses about the recruitment process, that i will have 2 rounds of interview, one with the technical staff, and the other with recruitment manager.
    The technical interview by some senior guy in epam consists of some basic java concepts such as SOLID, encapsulation, polymorphism etc. The interview as on skype, and the interviewer was more focussed on coding, he asked me to write code that he was monitoring online.
    Some code on polymorphism, sorting, prime number.
    The second round was more process oriented with few technical questions on architecture like what is the possible architecture of skype. He was more focussed on agile. I was also given a exercise after the interview, where i was asked to write a junit test suite demonstrating Test Driven Development. The program logic was pretty complex. I did it and submitted to epam.
    Now i am waiting for the interview plus exercise feedback.
    Next i need to prepare myself for salary negotiation.

Finger crossed.

Vivek

Interview Questions
    • Difference between coupling and cohesion, and asynchronous and synchronous method. They somehow did not clicked with me during interview.
      Also different approaches to the architecture of skype was also complex

Answer Question

Junior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryazan', Ryazanskaya Oblast' (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ryazan', Ryazanskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EPAM in June 2012.

There were a lot of common questions about the aspects of my profession. All questions was not very difficult and covered theory of testing, SQL, web skills, administration. All staff were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst attribute of my character?
      What is the best attribute of my character?

Answer Question

Technical Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EPAM.

I was pinged on LinkedIn and then I had a phone interview.
    Next step was to have a Technical interview, however they decided that based on my CV / Profile I wasn't a right fit.
    This is the worst "interview" experience so far.

Software Testing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minsk (Belarus)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minsk (Belarus)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPAM in February 2010.

Quite easy; standard interview questions on most of the interviews. 1-2 h in total. Screening is done by HR, who is not really competent in technology stack, so, just head up questions.

Ask for bigger salary :) Rise your current salary level

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EPAM in June 2011.

Pretty easy. Provide some good experience with Java/Javascript or IOS Development skills.

Interview Questions
    • Most common interview questions: get 5 top number from the array (show O(n) knowledge), find unique numbers from 2 lists.   View Answer
    Insist on your desired salary.

C++ Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

All of the interviews were by phone (does not happen anymore) - 2 soft interviews and 2 technical (where 1 one was with EPAM and 1 with client). Questions were mainly from Linux (example commands), C++ language (casting, overwriting/overloading, etc.), software engineering (design patterns, UML) and databases (transaction, joins).

Interview Questions
    • What happens when you send a kill sygnal to initd process?   Answer Question