EPAM

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews

Software Testing Manager Interview

Minsk (Belarus)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EPAM in February 2010.

Interview Details – Quite easy; standard interview questions on most of the interviews. 1-2 h in total. Screening is done by HR, who is not really competent in technology stack, so, just head up questions.

Negotiation Details – Ask for bigger salary :) Rise your current salary level

Delivery Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with HR about my past experience and background. Then a phone interview with VP and then phone interview with client.
Asked about if I had previous experience with technology they are going to use with the client and how I can work with gaps in teams knowledge.

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a slight increase in base salary

Interview Question – Nothing was complicated   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Grodno (Belarus)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – Resume, phone call, 1:1 light interview, 2-month training (1 month at home, 2-nd at the office), Group Interview and Skills Test. After that I had a 3-month probation.

Interview Question – What will you do five years later?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

Minsk (Belarus)

I applied online and interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – Interview by few people at the same time, managers, specialists and HR. It went very well generally, they pretty much honestly explained about work scope, possible overtimes and travel. I've been asked several technical questions as well.
However, salary negotiation didn't go well and left an impression that company bargain for peanuts.

Interview Question – none as such, though be ready for technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – 1) Quick interview with recruiter by Skype - some really basic and general things discussed, initial information about the position and who am I, what I've done in the past and what I expect to do on this position

2) Relatively easy technical interview about theoretical programming basics like OOP, design patterns, my primary technology stack and something about previous project I've done.

3) Practical tech interview: 3 tasks - implement "disposable object" pattern, implement thread-safe singleton pattern and one more or less "real task" - you have some input collection of strings and need to apply some logic to produce output collection of integers :)

Interview Question – Well, the last tech task was mostly the only thing to think about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary you will be discussing is GROSS, so make sure you have included tax in it.

C++ Applications Developer Interview

Kraków (Poland)

Interviewed at EPAM

Interview Details – All of the interviews were by phone (does not happen anymore) - 2 soft interviews and 2 technical (where 1 one was with EPAM and 1 with client). Questions were mainly from Linux (example commands), C++ language (casting, overwriting/overloading, etc.), software engineering (design patterns, UML) and databases (transaction, joins).

Interview Question – What happens when you send a kill sygnal to initd process?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EPAM in June 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy. Provide some good experience with Java/Javascript or IOS Development skills.

Interview Question – Most common interview questions: get 5 top number from the array (show O(n) knowledge), find unique numbers from 2 lists.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Insist on your desired salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – Usually things are pretty much standard for Kiev big IT companies: HR interview, interview with company tech guys, interview with manager/tech guy from customer site.
HR interview itself does not contain usual annoying questions "your strengths/weaknesses " or "where you can see yourself in 5 years".
Technical interview questions could vary depending on project. Most questions, however, are supposed to check technology knowledge(.NET/Java/SQL) and coding skills(tasks usually are quite simple). But some tasks could be difficult though.

Interview Question – Describe how do you write function returning big amount(from million to billion) of unique random numbers. You're allowed to use library function getRandom() returning double d: 0 <= d <= 1.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – First, I had a 1 hour technical interview. Three people were in the room, a resource manager and two guys from the same role I was applying to. We started to talk over my past experiences and works, then they asked me a few questions about the technologies I was to use at the company. They were polite and friendly, the whole meeting had a very good atmosphere.

Then they left me alone for a 40 min technical task where I had to answer questions (A/B) and make some smaller coding as well on paper. They evaluated it immediately and we discussed some minor areas where I felt the question wasn't clear enough or they thought another answer was right.

After this interview I had another with the HR where we discussed the main company policies, the salary and other benefits. They rang me after two days, and I started on the next week.

Interview Question – I didn't feel any of the questions unexpected or really difficult. They absolutely fit in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a clear and reasonable offer before I made mine, maybe it was just luck, but I accepted it because it was just right and similar to mine.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EPAM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EPAM interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by EPAM employees and interview candidates.