EPAM Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EPAM (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

after a short and bottom lined phone conversation I came to the office and met a very nice HR women. we only had a few informal sentences and she directed me to the head of the HR office. After having another informal interview with him I had to come back a few weeks later to meet the CEO and interview with h im as well. That was a very uncomfortable one since he would not talk to me not even looked at me, Just chated with the HR guy. However I got hired and loved th job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. I was told that there are brackets for every position and I got the highest possible salary in my bracket

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EPAM (Kraków (Poland)).

Interview

First HR department contacted with me and gave me information about Poland and EPAM then asked me if i want to work with them, then a technical interview is arranged with an EPAM software engineer. The interview was about computer science and Java language in general, also they gave me two problems to solve in 1 minute, one question was about multithreading and second question was about a recursive function.

Interview Questions

• in java how is hash calculated, and the problem about a recursive function   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EPAM in October 2014.

Interview

I am one of most active trainees, so I've got an invitation to the interview. HR wrote to me in Skype and we agreed on interview schedule on the convenient time for me. She was very polite.
    On arrival, I was offered some coffee and a room to wait for interviewers. There were two interviewers, they told me some information about the project and asked me if I'm interested, so we could talk further. They asked me questions on all the requirements for the vacancy. The atmosphere was nice and friendly. No pressure, no showing the supremacy, interviewers kindly gave me some hints on some questions. After one and a half hour we ended the interview. They told me that the decision would be in two days (I'm not the only one pretending for this vacancy, it seems that we were 3 candidates). I've got a very good impression about this company and its buisness culture.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or "dumb" or "google questions". Every question had a logical well-definned answer. All questions were relevant to vacancy and successfull further job. It just seems that I'm not skilled enough yet for that position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EPAM in September 2014.

Interview

I am a senior developer. I was contacted through linked in by an epam hr. She had some general discussion on technology as in what technologies i know and work on. Whether i know scala etc, and what are the challenging tasks and assignments i have done in my past career. She also discusses about the recruitment process, that i will have 2 rounds of interview, one with the technical staff, and the other with recruitment manager.
    The technical interview by some senior guy in epam consists of some basic java concepts such as SOLID, encapsulation, polymorphism etc. The interview as on skype, and the interviewer was more focussed on coding, he asked me to write code that he was monitoring online.
    Some code on polymorphism, sorting, prime number.
    The second round was more process oriented with few technical questions on architecture like what is the possible architecture of skype. He was more focussed on agile. I was also given a exercise after the interview, where i was asked to write a junit test suite demonstrating Test Driven Development. The program logic was pretty complex. I did it and submitted to epam.
    Now i am waiting for the interview plus exercise feedback.
    Next i need to prepare myself for salary negotiation.

Finger crossed.

Vivek

Interview Questions

• Difference between coupling and cohesion, and asynchronous and synchronous method. They somehow did not clicked with me during interview.
      Also different approaches to the architecture of skype was also complex

Answer Question

Full Stack Developer With DevOps Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at EPAM (Zürich (Switzerland)) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn by EPAM HR staff.

The initial phone interview was with a HR person for some general info and assessing the interest/suitability to the position - questions about the position, company, experience from both sides, took ~30 minutes.

Second one was a technical round via Skype with a Lead Software Engineer. Checking problem solving skills (nothing fancy, quite a general algorithms/structures), knowledge in C#/.NET environment, ASP.NET and MVC framework, best practices in OOP (SOLID concepts, Design Patterns), front-end development skills (libraries aware of, concepts of SPA or large scale JS apps development). Focused on TDD, BDD, ATDD (!), Agile approach concepts, some MSSQL checks. Interview took ~1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Can't identify of such a one. All questions were quite expected and none was exceptionally difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EPAM (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

I was pinged on LinkedIn and then I had a phone interview.
    Next step was to have a Technical interview, however they decided that based on my CV / Profile I wasn't a right fit.
    This is the worst "interview" experience so far.

Senior Software Engineer - Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at EPAM (Kraków (Poland)) in June 2014.

Interview

HR person contacted me through skype and process took 3 days to get the final offer.
    1. HR interview
    Typical HR question about experience,motivation to change job,expectation, knowledge about EPam, salary expectation etc.

2. Technical interview
    Technical interview took 2 hrs through skype in which initially they asked core java, multithreading, design patterns, design principle, concurrency- deadlock, exception handling , memory management, difference between java 7 and java 8 features etc.
    After that they gave 2 problems to write a program.
    - identify invalid string for a given pattern with out using regular expression.
    - 2 sorted arrays and convert into 3 sorted array without using array.sort

3. PM interview
    He asked about chain management,release management, few production problems, how to manage team , what issues faced while team handling and all.

4. Offer call

Interview Questions

• PM round was unexpected and question he asked like release management , process management   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EPAM (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2014.

Interview

One initial HR to check basic stuff, your English communication skills and you have to talk about your CV, goals, salary expectations.

Three technical interviews, two Skype and one face to face.

And then comes the manager interview (salary, vacation negotiation - go to the max, don't accept the proposed one).

Interview Questions

• Who is John Resig, Joshua Bloch, Brian Goetz etc.
      Threads and JEE

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gdańsk (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EPAM (Gdańsk (Poland)) in March 2014.

Interview

I attended an interview at EPAM just before opening their new office in Gdańsk. It was a rather friendly atmosphere, I was asked about my previous jobs: duties an experience, projects I participated in etc. Then there were some Software Engineer questions, mostly basics like inheritance, polymorphism and a small test - written on a piece of paper. This test included standard C# inheritance classes definitions (abstract, interface, etc.).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was solving the test which was handwritten. Adding a little stress and I couldn't read/concentrate on what was written - it was really unreadable.   Answer Question

Javascript Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPAM in February 2014.

Interview

Screening interview on phone, then two technical interview on skype with developers from the company, first is more focused on Javascript, second one on general questions about candidate's projects and experiences. First technical interview also included to give an algorithm for a specific problem and had also questions about algorithmic complexity (O).

Interview Questions

• Had to code some basic OOP things like classes and inheritance, and answer some advanced Javascript specific questions like closures, object instantiation, etc.   Answer Question
    • Find the k-th maximum element in an array.   Answer Question