EPAM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gdańsk (Poland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdańsk (Poland)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at EPAM in March 2014.

I attended an interview at EPAM just before opening their new office in Gdańsk. It was a rather friendly atmosphere, I was asked about my previous jobs: duties an experience, projects I participated in etc. Then there were some Software Engineer questions, mostly basics like inheritance, polymorphism and a small test - written on a piece of paper. This test included standard C# inheritance classes definitions (abstract, interface, etc.).

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question was solving the test which was handwritten. Adding a little stress and I couldn't read/concentrate on what was written - it was really unreadable.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for EPAM

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EPAM.

Usually things are pretty much standard for Kiev big IT companies: HR interview, interview with company tech guys, interview with manager/tech guy from customer site.
    HR interview itself does not contain usual annoying questions "your strengths/weaknesses " or "where you can see yourself in 5 years".
    Technical interview questions could vary depending on project. Most questions, however, are supposed to check technology knowledge(.NET/Java/SQL) and coding skills(tasks usually are quite simple). But some tasks could be difficult though.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how do you write function returning big amount(from million to billion) of unique random numbers. You're allowed to use library function getRandom() returning double d: 0 <= d <= 1.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EPAM.

First, I had a 1 hour technical interview. Three people were in the room, a resource manager and two guys from the same role I was applying to. We started to talk over my past experiences and works, then they asked me a few questions about the technologies I was to use at the company. They were polite and friendly, the whole meeting had a very good atmosphere.

Then they left me alone for a 40 min technical task where I had to answer questions (A/B) and make some smaller coding as well on paper. They evaluated it immediately and we discussed some minor areas where I felt the question wasn't clear enough or they thought another answer was right.

After this interview I had another with the HR where we discussed the main company policies, the salary and other benefits. They rang me after two days, and I started on the next week.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel any of the questions unexpected or really difficult. They absolutely fit in the role.   Answer Question
    I got a clear and reasonable offer before I made mine, maybe it was just luck, but I accepted it because it was just right and similar to mine.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lviv (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lviv (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at EPAM in September 2012.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, and asked if I'd like to change job, and offered me to visit their office to discuss such opportunity.
    Once I was at the office, in a large open space, I talked to recruiter, and after that, surprisingly to me, he tells me, that technical interview will start in couple minutes.

Interview with 3 person asking me - 2 developers and PM? took about an hour. After which recruiter again talked with me about possibility and my expectations from this change.

Next day I got an email with another invitation to their office to discus the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was common questions about language, SQL, architecture, troubleshooting techniques etc.   Answer Question

Company haven't showed contract. And HR told me, that all contracts are the same and "you'll see it on the first working day".

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kiev (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at EPAM in August 2012.

Received call from recruiter. Proposed job for Barclays ODC. After sending resume to recruiter I had passed phone interview with recruiter. Then second phone interview with team lead. Third interview with team lead and senior developer in office. Fourth interview with customers(team lead and senior developer from Barclays side) in office.

Interview Questions
    • Most enjoyed features of recent .NET version   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate before first phone interview with recruiter. If you want to negotiate push it to the limit from the very beginning, that would save your time on interviews if your request is too high

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at EPAM in January 2012.

I've speaked a bit with the interviewer about principal question, then he gaved me complex "task to do" for few days and reviewed it after finished.

Interview Questions

Worked for EPAM? Contribute to the Community!