EPAM

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – Usually things are pretty much standard for Kiev big IT companies: HR interview, interview with company tech guys, interview with manager/tech guy from customer site.
HR interview itself does not contain usual annoying questions "your strengths/weaknesses " or "where you can see yourself in 5 years".
Technical interview questions could vary depending on project. Most questions, however, are supposed to check technology knowledge(.NET/Java/SQL) and coding skills(tasks usually are quite simple). But some tasks could be difficult though.

Interview Question – Describe how do you write function returning big amount(from million to billion) of unique random numbers. You're allowed to use library function getRandom() returning double d: 0 <= d <= 1.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EPAM.

Interview Details – First, I had a 1 hour technical interview. Three people were in the room, a resource manager and two guys from the same role I was applying to. We started to talk over my past experiences and works, then they asked me a few questions about the technologies I was to use at the company. They were polite and friendly, the whole meeting had a very good atmosphere.

Then they left me alone for a 40 min technical task where I had to answer questions (A/B) and make some smaller coding as well on paper. They evaluated it immediately and we discussed some minor areas where I felt the question wasn't clear enough or they thought another answer was right.

After this interview I had another with the HR where we discussed the main company policies, the salary and other benefits. They rang me after two days, and I started on the next week.

Interview Question – I didn't feel any of the questions unexpected or really difficult. They absolutely fit in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a clear and reasonable offer before I made mine, maybe it was just luck, but I accepted it because it was just right and similar to mine.

Lviv (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at EPAM in September 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, and asked if I'd like to change job, and offered me to visit their office to discuss such opportunity.
Once I was at the office, in a large open space, I talked to recruiter, and after that, surprisingly to me, he tells me, that technical interview will start in couple minutes.

Interview with 3 person asking me - 2 developers and PM? took about an hour. After which recruiter again talked with me about possibility and my expectations from this change.

Next day I got an email with another invitation to their office to discus the offer.

Interview Question – There was common questions about language, SQL, architecture, troubleshooting techniques etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company haven't showed contract. And HR told me, that all contracts are the same and "you'll see it on the first working day".

Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EPAM in August 2012.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter. Proposed job for Barclays ODC. After sending resume to recruiter I had passed phone interview with recruiter. Then second phone interview with team lead. Third interview with team lead and senior developer in office. Fourth interview with customers(team lead and senior developer from Barclays side) in office.

Interview Question – Most enjoyed features of recent .NET version   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate before first phone interview with recruiter. If you want to negotiate push it to the limit from the very beginning, that would save your time on interviews if your request is too high

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at EPAM in January 2012.

Interview Details – I've speaked a bit with the interviewer about principal question, then he gaved me complex "task to do" for few days and reviewed it after finished.

Interview Question – Are you handy with Enterprise integration patterns?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for EPAM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EPAM Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by EPAM employees and interview candidates.