EPCOR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.6

Apprentice Power Lineman III Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPCOR.

Interview

Started with application; I was then booked for an interview and aptitude test. After receiving job offer I had a background check and full medical (drugs, alcohol, height/ weight, hearing and vision)

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a situation where someone asked you to do something dangerous, and what was your response?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Wate Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EPCOR.

Interview

They conducted an pre-interview via the phone prior to the formal panel interview. I understood that they did this as they wanted to let people know what they pay was (low) and individuals had the opportunity to decline the formal interview. The interview was the run of the mill, typical behavioural based questions. The interview panel did not seem like they understood the job well therefore they could not answer my questions about the job.

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Apply on EPCOR.com, Telephone interview with HR, basic questions about customer service. In person interview with a Team Lead and Manager, lasted 1.5hrs and I had to write some answers as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unionized so flat hourly wage offered, its mentioned on the website itself

Operations Engineer Interview

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. First round is telephone-based interview. It has simply questions regarding yourself and the company. Do some research on the company website and you should nail it without any problem. Second round is face-to-face interview. It contains a variety of questions ranging from water treatment technologies to personal skills.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

First time I arrived for interview I was informed that they could not meet with me due to a plant emergency and that I would have to re-schedule. My first impression therefore was not a good one as a phone call from a secretary could have sufficed. The second time I came for an interview they were very apologetic which I accepted since events do come up. However, when the second person on the two person panel who was supposed to interview me arrived late I felt that this was inappropriate considering I had to re-schedule with them through no fault of my own already once. That being said, I could tell the other individual on the panel was not very happy with this behaviour. Considering I would be reporting to both of these individuals and I could already sense tension between them this to me was another "red flag". The interview was fairly straightforward and I felt very fair and transparent. I was not offered the position however due to the circumstances of the interview process and job expectations outlined I felt that this was a blessing in disguise. As someone already working in a similar position, their expectations regarding the position were unrealistic.

Interview Questions

• Reliability related questions on implementing a reliability program in a water treatment facility.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPCOR (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Went through a pamphlet/booklet with generic questions and work related questions. Questions that reflected your personality,behavior. Gave you scenario questions of how you would teach someone, handle a difficult situation. Asked you to give keywords to describe your ideal colleagues...describe your previous work. Took them 3 weeks to reply since I applied....and never got a reply after. There were no HR in the room, just the manager who I would report to. This was the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you do something that wasn't in our system?   1 Answer