EPCOR

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPCOR.

Apply on EPCOR.com,
    Telephone interview with HR, basic questions about customer service.
    In person interview with a Team Lead and Manager, lasted 1.5hrs and I had to write some answers as well.

Interview Questions
    Unionized so flat hourly wage offered, its mentioned on the website itself

Operations Engineer Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. First round is telephone-based interview. It has simply questions regarding yourself and the company. Do some research on the company website and you should nail it without any problem. Second round is face-to-face interview. It contains a variety of questions ranging from water treatment technologies to personal skills.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EPCOR in April 2012.

First time I arrived for interview I was informed that they could not meet with me due to a plant emergency and that I would have to re-schedule. My first impression therefore was not a good one as a phone call from a secretary could have sufficed. The second time I came for an interview they were very apologetic which I accepted since events do come up. However, when the second person on the two person panel who was supposed to interview me arrived late I felt that this was inappropriate considering I had to re-schedule with them through no fault of my own already once. That being said, I could tell the other individual on the panel was not very happy with this behaviour. Considering I would be reporting to both of these individuals and I could already sense tension between them this to me was another "red flag". The interview was fairly straightforward and I felt very fair and transparent. I was not offered the position however due to the circumstances of the interview process and job expectations outlined I felt that this was a blessing in disguise. As someone already working in a similar position, their expectations regarding the position were unrealistic.

Interview Questions
    • Reliability related questions on implementing a reliability program in a water treatment facility.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPCOR in February 2011.

Went through a pamphlet/booklet with generic questions and work related questions.
    Questions that reflected your personality,behavior.
    Gave you scenario questions of how you would teach someone, handle a difficult situation.
    Asked you to give keywords to describe your ideal colleagues...describe your previous work.
    Took them 3 weeks to reply since I applied....and never got a reply after.
    There were no HR in the room, just the manager who I would report to.
    This was the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you do something that wasn't in our system?   View Answer