EPFL

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Echange Student Interview

Echange Student

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EPFL.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very well structured and friendly. The collaboration with ETH Zurich worked impressively well such that paper work was reduced to a minimum. The instructions on how to get different regustration forms and meeting times were clear and easy to find. The the interviewers were friendly and were focused on the skills. All in all a very good experience.

Interview Question – None, we talked about my past experience   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at EPFL.

Interview Details – Sent PI an email with CV, he responded asking for reference letters.
Got a response asking to meet me, was flown to Lausanne for a few days.
Had one day worth of meetings and lab tours with PI, PhD's, and PostDocs.
Gave a presentation to the group on my PhD research.

Interview Question – None, it was all pretty straightforward. Basically... "what do you want to do here"   Answer Question

Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EPFL in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview about my MS thesis. gave a presentation about my thesis for about 45 mins and then the lab director and supervisor asked me some questions regarding my thesis. After that I was asked general engineering questions and mechanics questions. Some practical questions were also asked about how to design, set up and experiment and so on

Interview Question – compare load rate on a real structure to that in experiment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Doctoral Assistant Interview

Doctoral Assistant

Interviewed at EPFL

Interview Details – There is no interview process. You have to submit you application and they will inform you whether you are accepted or not. For you application it is required that you fill a regular form with question regarding your resume. You also need to submit your resume as well as to send 3 recommendation letters either from former professors or former employers.

Interview Question – There is no question that you have to answer as there is no interview procedure.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EPFL.

Interview Details – I have contacted and made a 1:1 interview with the professor

Interview Question – What would you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EPFL in April 2010.

Interview Details – You have to find a professor who has an open position (or who is going to have it) and make him interested in you. Then if you are lucky enough, you will be invited for an interview on-site

Interview Question – What research are you planning to carry out   Answer Question

Doctoral Assistant Interview

Doctoral Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EPFL.

Interview Details – The interview was mainly technical, with the Head of my lab. Once you get past the lab’s boss, it’s done. The doctoral school should take note of it, and in particular take note of the fact that it’s the boss who’s going to pay your salary: in this case you’ll be automatically hired.

Interview Question – There should not be difficult questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

PhD Candidate Interview

PhD Candidate
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied in-person - interviewed at EPFL in April 2009.

Interview Details – No formal interview, I got an offer during my Masters research.

Interview Question – nothing tricky   Answer Question

Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at EPFL in April 2009.

Interview Details – Doctoral school: Online application, reference letters from 2 professors required, list of university exams, interview

Master Thesis Interview

Master Thesis

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at EPFL.

Interview Details – They like you to be open and expressive about your interests. Relaxed environment and people. One thing I really liked there that Switzerland is already world famous for its beauty and high living standard Swiss people are also talent loving. They need people to get the work done no matter where they come from.

Interview Question – About my choice of topic and GPA   Answer Question

Worked for EPFL? Contribute to the Community!