EPIC Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.4

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems in July 2014.

I only made it through the phone interview and tests.

I sent in a resume/cover letter and in a few days received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was primarily discussing my qualifications and questions about the job with another implementation manager. The interview only took 30 minutes, and it was mostly her explaining the job position and reviewing my resume.

After a week, I received an email about moving forward with two tests. The first is a Rembrandt Test that quantifies personality types by forcing you to pick certain options to describe yourself. The second is a test of verbal/math/logic/computer saavy through an online program.

Interview Questions
    • If you make it to the tests, the hardest part about them is learning computer languages and then using them on the spot.   Answer Question

Software Developer(Fall) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems in July 2014.

I received a mail about a phone interview from one of the HRs. The Phone interview was quite easy. I was asked a few details about my background and some of the projects I have worked on, The Interviewer on the phone spoke about the internship experience and gave me one technical question to solve.
    1 week later I received an E-mail about taking a 30 min personality / general quiz.
    after which I took the video proctored skills assessment test. That took me 2 hours.
    I got an email a week and half later saying I didn't quite make it. I had a good feeling about it though.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty general computer science stuff. Involving manipulating strings,words,numbers,etc. Most of which similar to the ones on the career cup website.   Answer Question

Technical Services and Client Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems.

I applied though my university job searching website. I was approached by a recruiter and they wanted my transcripts right away. Then they scheduled a phone interview which wasn't much of an interview, the guy basically just talked for 30 minutes about the position. I basically, reiterated what he said in the form of clarifying questions in order to show him that I understood.

The next step was a ridiculous assessment. From the company's perspective, it is smart to quantify your applicants. From the person's perspective, it was long and draining. The coding was pretty substantial given that this job requires no previous coding experience. However, I am studying engineering, so I passed.

Then I flew out to Madison Wisconsin, which is a great city. The Epic campus is literally epic. It is insane...1,000 acres of beautiful landscape and quirky architecture. You should Google some images. Anyway, the interview was a group setting, very laid back. Only 20% of the total "interview" was I actually interviewing on my own, outside of the group setting. I think its because they already have what they need as far as your qualifications from the assessments, they just want to see your personality. Bring your A game and speak up, talk often but with intelligence, and be friendly. It will go a long way.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to rotate an N by N matrix, any number of times (input to function) and in whatever direction the user chooses (clockwise or counter-clockwise)   Answer Question
    Not negotiable.

QA Interview

I recently applied for a QA position. As I had applied for a PM position in the past, I had a telephone interview a couple days after applying, where they mostly just asked what I'd done in the meantime, and some basic "Why QA?" stuff. I received an invitation to interview onsite 2 days later, but as I recently was promoted at my current job, I will be staying where I am.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems in May 2014.

Phone interview, personality exam, math exam, problem solving exam, grammar exam, critical thinking exam. Two graphic design exercises via email. On-site interview and tour with several other interviews while on site.

Interview Questions
    • The critical thinking exam was tough. It was timed (2minutes) and the questions were difficult.   Answer Question
    No it was a set salary for my internship.

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Before being offered an onsite interview, a phone interview which was pretty basic about interests, reviewing my resume, etc. was conducted as well as some online assessments (e.g. personality assessment). Once awarded an onsite interview, they took care of setting up my flight and hotel as well as dinner for while I was there. They also gave a tour of the city. On my interview day, I had several interviews, some with current employees in the role for which I was interviewing, some with HR, and others with people in different roles to get a feel for the company. They also had candidates take additional tests to check our competency at math and programming.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised at the difficulty of the programming exam.   Answer Question
    There is very little room for negotiations.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems.

A recruiter from HR contact me about a phone interview. After one week a technical person talked about 45 minutes on phone. Asked easy questions about resume. Introduced their company. Few days later, I received an email asking me preparing an online test. Two weeks later asked me to onsite. still preparing.

Interview Questions
    • Design an algorithm to record patients and their problems   Answer Question

Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems in October 2013.

I applied online and had a brief phone interview where I told the recruiter why I was interested in the position. Then I had to take a very difficult skills test.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EPIC Systems in October 2010.

After a pleasant phone interview they flew me out to Wisconsin to spend a day on their campus. That wasn't a very pleasant experience. I was bounced around to many different people in different jobs, and it was obvious that each one was screening intensely. I got at least 3 different tests which required me to write code (on paper). At the end of the day my host kinda threw in my face every single thing I messed up...

Interview Questions
    • Write out code to check a document for grammatical errors.   Answer Question

Worked for EPIC Systems? Contribute to the Community!