EPIC Systems

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems.

First is a phone interview, ask you some basic questions like why Epic and why SDE. They introduced their intern programs and campus.
    Then an online assessment with four programming questions, math questions and new languages questions.

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Submitted resume through university career fair and filled in an online application. Received e-mail with instructions to take a ~3h online assessment (basic math speed round, logic puzzle round, learn new programming language, and several coding questions). Several weeks later received e-mail with instructions to take a personality test and also to set up a phone interview, talked with a full-time developer about my academic background and the basic job scope and environment of the internship. Several weeks later received invitation for in-person interviews, one technical and one HR.

Interview Questions
    • None; standard interview stuff (strengths, weaknesses, why this position). Tech question on data structures.   Answer Question

Problem Solver Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

I was contacted for this role via email by a recruiter. The first step was a phone screening by one of the employees in the Problem Solver role. It was basic behavioral and resume questions and allowing me to ask about the position. Next I was told to take a personality test and scheduled for a technical skills test which I completed on my computer with an online proctor. The test was separated into sections for quantitative thinking, programming languages, and algorithms (which had no time limit) and a fourth section containing analytical questions that was timed. Afterwards I received an email from the same person who contacted me initially that I would be contacted regarding the next round of the interview process within two weeks. Four weeks passed and I still had not been contacted, so I emailed the company back and was told that I was rejected.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about the syntax of a made up programming language. I don't know if I actually did well on this because I did not receive feedback. Overall the technical interview didn't seem complicated but I probably answered the questions too slowly since I had no preparation.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems.

got a phone interview , took an assessment test............
    the assessment test was okay except the programming part
    other than that the questions were do-able, a few tricky ones but can be easily solved using quick thinking and common sense

they are quite quick to reply back

Project Manager Interview

Phone Interview lasted about 25 minutes, focused on behavioral and resume questions and then basic fit questions. Was asked about willingness to relocate to Madison and where I saw myself in 5-10 years. Later on, took online assessment with four component parts.

Software Developer Interview

Initial interview process includes a non-technical phone interview and a ~3hr technical assessment test. The phone interview is just to ssee if you're a real person and to discuss your resume. I was asked about projects I listed on my resume. The assessment test is a proctor ed online test through a third-party site, ProctorU. You'll take an online test with a proctor wathing you via webcam the entire time. DON'T FORGET TO BRING A CALCULATOR! There is a speed portion of the test that includes some algebra and long division. I had to do it by hand and ended up completing fewer questions than I could have.
      After this first two steps, if they deem you a good fit, you'll be offered an onsite interview/tour.

Interview Questions
    • A man finishes painting his house and needs supplied to put the finishing touches on the house. He goes to the hardware store and gets what he needs. At checkout the cashier says, 1 will be $1. The man says "I need 600 so here's $3". What was the man buying?   Answer Question
    None

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

First was a phone interview. Pretty standard interview, asked some questions about my resume, why Epic, and then an open ended technical question that we walked through. The phone interview was pretty easy. I was also asked to take an online exam through Proctor. The test was pretty easy for the most part, until I got to the programming questions. The questions were pretty much what I would expect to be tested on for a job like this, but I don't feel I did very well because I didn't spend any time studying and the last time I looked at that sort of programming was in my classes a couple years ago. But if you really know your stuff, then the exam isn't super difficult. I'm still waiting to hear back after they received my exam results.

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems in November 2014.

Met with a recruiter at school career fair. Received an email within a week and eventually had a phone interview. Then I had to complete a personality test along with a math and programming skills assessment while on video chat to prevent cheating. Nothing too hard, it's not language specific, but it did take longer than I had planned, over 2.5 hours.
    Next, they flew me out to Madison for my interview day at the company. It was a busy day of touring, doing a case study, and a verbal assessment test. I also had to give a 10min presentation to a small group of current employees. Finally, I met with my HR representative for a 30min interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would this person on your reference list say is one of your best qualities? worst?   Answer Question

Wasn't a perfect fit for me

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems in November 2014.

i got phone call from project manager . and schedule time to make interview .I got number and area of company and i have gone to it . Interview was good .
    i got phone call from project manager

Interview Questions
    • project manager asked me . what you will be after 5 years? . and tell me about your career .

View Answer
    no negotiation . no defficults questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems in November 2014.

1. phone interview
    - very informal, just asking what you have done so far
    2. Online programming assessment
    -takes much time, think it's important to get the coding part (2hours)
    3. Onsite-interview
    -if you get to this level, most likely you will get the offer