EPIC Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college portal and received a mail which asked me to apply through their site.
    Following which I was asked for a phonic interview which was major behavioural and a bit of logic.
    In a days span I received a mail asking to take the online skill assessment test which includes 4 subsections. As of now I have given the skill assessment test and waiting for a reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was extremely casual. It was more like an informational session. I was split between technical problem solver and project manager. They say that the interview only lasts 30 minutes and I think the representative I was talking to spent about 25 minutes just talking about what he and his friends do. Your interview will most likely just be a crap shoot based on who you get. I read a lot of other glassdoor questions for the initial phone interview and i didnt get any of those.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Madison Wisconsin? Are you eligible to work in the united states?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

First is a phone interview, ask you some basic questions like why Epic and why SDE. They introduced their intern programs and campus.
    Then an online assessment with four programming questions, math questions and new languages questions.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume through university career fair and filled in an online application. Received e-mail with instructions to take a ~3h online assessment (basic math speed round, logic puzzle round, learn new programming language, and several coding questions). Several weeks later received e-mail with instructions to take a personality test and also to set up a phone interview, talked with a full-time developer about my academic background and the basic job scope and environment of the internship. Several weeks later received invitation for in-person interviews, one technical and one HR.

Interview Questions

• None; standard interview stuff (strengths, weaknesses, why this position). Tech question on data structures.   Answer Question

Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

I was contacted for this role via email by a recruiter. The first step was a phone screening by one of the employees in the Problem Solver role. It was basic behavioral and resume questions and allowing me to ask about the position. Next I was told to take a personality test and scheduled for a technical skills test which I completed on my computer with an online proctor. The test was separated into sections for quantitative thinking, programming languages, and algorithms (which had no time limit) and a fourth section containing analytical questions that was timed. Afterwards I received an email from the same person who contacted me initially that I would be contacted regarding the next round of the interview process within two weeks. Four weeks passed and I still had not been contacted, so I emailed the company back and was told that I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about the syntax of a made up programming language. I don't know if I actually did well on this because I did not receive feedback. Overall the technical interview didn't seem complicated but I probably answered the questions too slowly since I had no preparation.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

got a phone interview , took an assessment test............
    the assessment test was okay except the programming part
    other than that the questions were do-able, a few tricky ones but can be easily solved using quick thinking and common sense

they are quite quick to reply back

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone Interview lasted about 25 minutes, focused on behavioral and resume questions and then basic fit questions. Was asked about willingness to relocate to Madison and where I saw myself in 5-10 years. Later on, took online assessment with four component parts.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Initial interview process includes a non-technical phone interview and a ~3hr technical assessment test. The phone interview is just to ssee if you're a real person and to discuss your resume. I was asked about projects I listed on my resume. The assessment test is a proctor ed online test through a third-party site, ProctorU. You'll take an online test with a proctor wathing you via webcam the entire time. DON'T FORGET TO BRING A CALCULATOR! There is a speed portion of the test that includes some algebra and long division. I had to do it by hand and ended up completing fewer questions than I could have.
      After this first two steps, if they deem you a good fit, you'll be offered an onsite interview/tour.

Interview Questions

• A man finishes painting his house and needs supplied to put the finishing touches on the house. He goes to the hardware store and gets what he needs. At checkout the cashier says, 1 will be $1. The man says "I need 600 so here's $3". What was the man buying?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Pretty standard interview, asked some questions about my resume, why Epic, and then an open ended technical question that we walked through. The phone interview was pretty easy. I was also asked to take an online exam through Proctor. The test was pretty easy for the most part, until I got to the programming questions. The questions were pretty much what I would expect to be tested on for a job like this, but I don't feel I did very well because I didn't spend any time studying and the last time I looked at that sort of programming was in my classes a couple years ago. But if you really know your stuff, then the exam isn't super difficult. I'm still waiting to hear back after they received my exam results.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at school career fair. Received an email within a week and eventually had a phone interview. Then I had to complete a personality test along with a math and programming skills assessment while on video chat to prevent cheating. Nothing too hard, it's not language specific, but it did take longer than I had planned, over 2.5 hours.
    Next, they flew me out to Madison for my interview day at the company. It was a busy day of touring, doing a case study, and a verbal assessment test. I also had to give a 10min presentation to a small group of current employees. Finally, I met with my HR representative for a 30min interview.

Interview Questions

• What would this person on your reference list say is one of your best qualities? worst?   Answer Question

Wasn't a perfect fit for me