EPIC Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EPIC Systems (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

it was a 2 step assessment test 1) technical assessment 2) programming
    But i was little surprised with those two steps as i expect 4 steps along with math questions and a 2 min logical questions. The technical assessment consist of simple arithmetic questions and introducing new language. The technical assessment round was not hard. Coming to the programming test, there are 4 questions and these are similar from the questions in earlier tests

Interview Questions

• write a code to convert a string to a square form
      example : On a summer day, I went there
      ntthe
      re

2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a software developer. It was mostly just giving information about myself and then getting information about EPIC. There was the opportunity to ask questions. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Later they sent me a link to take an online test. Some of the math questions were more logic/trick questions, but others were straightforward.

Interview Questions

Interview

There were two exams: a personality exam and an exam testing logic skills and ability to learn. The latter was a long 2 hour exam and a company oversaw your exam via your webcam.

Interview Questions

• What 2 coins do you need to make 75 cents when you already have two quarters and a dime? One is not a dime,   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

Very professional and succinct. The phone interview was more of a get to know you. The skills assessment, however, was a long process that required an online monitor. Make sure you have enough time carved out to properly take it.

Interview Questions

• Something about the cost of a fruit given prices for several other fruit types.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college portal and received a mail which asked me to apply through their site.
    Following which I was asked for a phonic interview which was major behavioural and a bit of logic.
    In a days span I received a mail asking to take the online skill assessment test which includes 4 subsections. As of now I have given the skill assessment test and waiting for a reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was extremely casual. It was more like an informational session. I was split between technical problem solver and project manager. They say that the interview only lasts 30 minutes and I think the representative I was talking to spent about 25 minutes just talking about what he and his friends do. Your interview will most likely just be a crap shoot based on who you get. I read a lot of other glassdoor questions for the initial phone interview and i didnt get any of those.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to Madison Wisconsin? Are you eligible to work in the united states?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

First is a phone interview, ask you some basic questions like why Epic and why SDE. They introduced their intern programs and campus.
    Then an online assessment with four programming questions, math questions and new languages questions.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume through university career fair and filled in an online application. Received e-mail with instructions to take a ~3h online assessment (basic math speed round, logic puzzle round, learn new programming language, and several coding questions). Several weeks later received e-mail with instructions to take a personality test and also to set up a phone interview, talked with a full-time developer about my academic background and the basic job scope and environment of the internship. Several weeks later received invitation for in-person interviews, one technical and one HR.

Interview Questions

• None; standard interview stuff (strengths, weaknesses, why this position). Tech question on data structures.   Answer Question

Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

I was contacted for this role via email by a recruiter. The first step was a phone screening by one of the employees in the Problem Solver role. It was basic behavioral and resume questions and allowing me to ask about the position. Next I was told to take a personality test and scheduled for a technical skills test which I completed on my computer with an online proctor. The test was separated into sections for quantitative thinking, programming languages, and algorithms (which had no time limit) and a fourth section containing analytical questions that was timed. Afterwards I received an email from the same person who contacted me initially that I would be contacted regarding the next round of the interview process within two weeks. Four weeks passed and I still had not been contacted, so I emailed the company back and was told that I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about the syntax of a made up programming language. I don't know if I actually did well on this because I did not receive feedback. Overall the technical interview didn't seem complicated but I probably answered the questions too slowly since I had no preparation.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EPIC Systems.

Interview

got a phone interview , took an assessment test............
    the assessment test was okay except the programming part
    other than that the questions were do-able, a few tricky ones but can be easily solved using quick thinking and common sense

they are quite quick to reply back