EQECAT Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at EQECAT

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EQECAT (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 screening phone interview (no technical questions). 2 phone interviews plus one presentation at their office. first phone interview was about general knowledge of structural engineering, building quality, building codes. second was about specific questions.

Interview Questions

• fragility curves, push-over analysis, structural quality of buildings, atc guidelines, IBC building codes.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EQECAT (Oakland, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were through people I knew, helping me find a fit for my capabilities. Interview structure was somewhat informal - the process seemed to be customized for every applicant. My own process started with a phone conversation (not really interview) with the CEO, then a phone interview with the director of Product Management, then a formal presentation of my prior work to the whole management team, then an in-person interview with the product management director, and finally a meet-and-greet with the rest of the product management team.

Interview Questions

• How will better risk information a force for good in the world?   1 Answer

Negotiation

One-on-one negotiation directly with the group director. Salary ranges are enforced by the parent company. Contingent compensation was not up for negotiation. Limitations on vacation time according to salary range.