EQT Corporation Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2015

2.7

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

There were two interviews. They were both in person and went well. The interviews dealt with hardware platforms, programming languages, system testing, and technical writing. The interviewer was very nice and was good at breaking the tension. It was done in a conference room and each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The cliched, Where do you think you'll be in five years.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

Signed up through the eqt web site, filled in all the information they ask for, which is to basically re-fill in my resume for their system.

Two weeks later I received a call for the interview and the following e-mail confirmation.

I had the interview (I had to wait about fifteen or twenty minutes). As it turns out they were interviewing other people for the position on the same day as well.

One month and about a week or two later I finally got the notice that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, it was a standard, what's the most impressive thing you've done, when have you gone above and beyond, what did you have the most difficulty with in your last job and how did you over come it, type of questions   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with my manager's manager. That was a mistake since my direct manager was the reason I left the position early.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Rates were assigned by the recruiter

Market Spec Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EQT Corporation in October 2010.

Interview

typical

Gas Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EQT Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I received an email for a phone interview (Star method question),2 weeks later,I received another email to fly me from Texas to Pittsburgh PA.
    its four people interviewed me it took me from 8:30am until 11:00 am there is no difficult question, the HR will ask some behavioral question.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at EQT Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

When I interviewed for the contractor role 2 years prior to this interview, it was a phone interview with two GIS Analysts in the Pittsburgh office who I would not be working with on a regular basis. When I was interviewed to move from a contractor to a permanent employee, I interviewed with my GIS lead, the director of the Land Department within which I worked, and one of the GIS Analysts I originally interviewed with for the contractor role. Each interview was about 30 minutes long, and was each one felt more like an annual review than an interview.

Land Interview

Application

interviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

There was no phone interview only an in person interview which took all of 15 minutes. They never got back to me and I never got a generic email from HR saying I didn't get the job. It's been over three months. I don't think it was professional at all in the way that was handled. However I do hear it is a good company with very competitive pay. Most employees seem satisfied there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical process at your current job.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EQT Corporation (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

I was out of state so when I was called to fly in for a relatively entry-level role I was pleasantly surprised. Got into Pittsburgh, had the interview the next morning.

I was a bit surprised at the briefness of the interview (~1 hour) and that it started about 10 minutes later than scheduled (I was the first of the day). Once inside the conference room, it was 2 project managers, the department head, and 1 HR representative. Overall the conversation was really smooth and I felt at ease right away. They tried to make it informal and just get a better idea of me as a person and how I might fit into that role. They kept emphasizing it was a entry-level role which I was fine with (I had a little experience and graduate degree) but I'm wondering if they thought it might have been a mismatch.

I think highly of the company, they opportunity to meet and better introduce myself, and would love to be considered for future roles as I made that clear. Big expansion plans in the midstream as Marcellus wellhead gas prices are artificially depressed due to infrastructure restrictions. Love what they're doing in Western PA and WV and hope to be invited back for an interview in the future.

Interview Questions

• Examples of greatest accomplishments, familiarity with pipeline inspection, standards, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2011.

Interview

Met with two interviewers, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. There weren't many "canned questions" like with most others I interviewed, which is good. They mostly just asked me to expound on my resume and talk about my schooling and life in order to gauge my personality.

Only downside is that it took several months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, only an offer sent by email when I was selected for hire.

Senior IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. After which, they contacted me to fly to Pittsburgh for an in-person interview. A process of which required me to take two days off of work, because they set me up with a full day of interviews followed by a day of touring Pittsburgh with Presenting Pittsburgh. I interviewed with about seven different managers all the way up to the CIO. Overall the interview process went well; however, their seems to be a lot of tension between the E&P and Midstream business units. I didn't get a good vibe of the culture and the company didn't pay for things like parking downtown, etc, which I found surprising compared to most upstream oil and gas companies.
    I felt like the interview went well and I felt like I would get an offer. However, I never heard back from them. I even tried to get in contact and never got a response. I definitely would NOT recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions

• Really just the basic interview questions and technical questions related to the job.   Answer Question