EQT Corporation

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Software Integrations Intern Interview

A phone interview and I was asked some general questions like what's my academic background and which programming language I'd like to use.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at EQT Corporation.

Through my school. They held a information session and then the next day was interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very tough, just asked about background and explained company.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior IT Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EQT Corporation.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. After which, they contacted me to fly to Pittsburgh for an in-person interview. A process of which required me to take two days off of work, because they set me up with a full day of interviews followed by a day of touring Pittsburgh with Presenting Pittsburgh. I interviewed with about seven different managers all the way up to the CIO. Overall the interview process went well; however, their seems to be a lot of tension between the E&P and Midstream business units. I didn't get a good vibe of the culture and the company didn't pay for things like parking downtown, etc, which I found surprising compared to most upstream oil and gas companies.
    I felt like the interview went well and I felt like I would get an offer. However, I never heard back from them. I even tried to get in contact and never got a response. I definitely would NOT recommend working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Really just the basic interview questions and technical questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at EQT Corporation in September 2011.

Met with two interviewers, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. There weren't many "canned questions" like with most others I interviewed, which is good. They mostly just asked me to expound on my resume and talk about my schooling and life in order to gauge my personality.

Only downside is that it took several months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, only an offer sent by email when I was selected for hire.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at EQT Corporation in February 2011.

There were two interviews. They were both in person and went well. The interviews dealt with hardware platforms, programming languages, system testing, and technical writing. The interviewer was very nice and was good at breaking the tension. It was done in a conference room and each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The cliched, Where do you think you'll be in five years.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at EQT Corporation.

Signed up through the eqt web site, filled in all the information they ask for, which is to basically re-fill in my resume for their system.

Two weeks later I received a call for the interview and the following e-mail confirmation.

I had the interview (I had to wait about fifteen or twenty minutes). As it turns out they were interviewing other people for the position on the same day as well.

One month and about a week or two later I finally got the notice that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, it was a standard, what's the most impressive thing you've done, when have you gone above and beyond, what did you have the most difficulty with in your last job and how did you over come it, type of questions   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EQT Corporation in January 2011.

I interviewed with my manager's manager. That was a mistake since my direct manager was the reason I left the position early.

Interview Questions
    Rates were assigned by the recruiter

Market Spec Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at EQT Corporation in October 2010.

typical

Gas Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EQT Corporation in April 2014.

I received an email for a phone interview (Star method question),2 weeks later,I received another email to fly me from Texas to Pittsburgh PA.
    its four people interviewed me it took me from 8:30am until 11:00 am there is no difficult question, the HR will ask some behavioral question.