ESET Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.2

Trade Show and Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

So disappointed in this company and the process. I was thrilled when I was offered an in-person interview over a month ago based on how highly people spoke of this company, on Glassdoor. It was over two hours and I met with four different people. At the end of the interview I was told, with conviction, no matter what, you will hear from us ( within two weeks). GREAT! If I am not the right fit, that is fine, just let me know. It has been over a month I sent hand written notes and followed up with an email. NOTHING! Have the decency for those going through the job process to be up front and let them know. Communicating for two weeks before my interview, having the interview, then NOTHING. I have told a few people and the common response " do you really want to work for a company who is treating people like that"? No, no I don't. I thought so much for of ESET when I went in for the interview. I am so unbelievable disappointed in how this all turned out. Happy hunting, maybe think twice about a company that treats people like this. I feel like I wasted so much time and that is so upsetting.

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick a favorite PR campaign, what is it and why?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process seemed a bit more entailed than others with 4-5 people to actually interview with. Process took about a month with a couple of interview hoops and re-arranged interview times and people. Questions seemed normal. However, very difficult to contact anyone about the process and procedures of the hiring process. After a 4th email a response was finally returned stating they decided to look internally. Seems as though the "hoops" of the interview process were unnecessary if they were just for protocol to then hire internally. Kind of disappointed with feedback and communication of a company that seemed to have a great culture at the time.

Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ESET in July 2014.

Interview

When through a phone interview first which consisted of a few personal and technical questions, nothing that wasn't expected. Second interview information was emailed in an easy to understand way with times, directions, and the names of the people I would be interviewing with. Upon arrival for the interview, it was a little confusing as to where to go once I got to the floor I was supposed to be at. All the doors are restricted access and the only way into the receptionist area was by pressing an intercom button that was not an obvious thing to do until I got close to it to read the small label under the button, maybe a note on this in the email would've been nice. The people were very nice and the interview went on seamlessly.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely difficult questions. As the position was an internship spot, the technical questions were very basic and general knowledge.   Answer Question

Account Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I met with two gentlemen in an office with a view of the harbor, downtown San Diego. They were very friendly and had several questions about my past experience and the pay that Im accustomed to. They seemed a little put off by my answer because they said, well here you can definitely make that, but to start out you would not make that. A lady came in next and talked to me. She wasnt very friendly and it seemed as though she was trying to intimidate me. I kept smiling and keeping a very fun, yet professional demeanor. When she was done, she said we will touch base with you in a few days.

Interview Questions

• I honestly only remember the income questions. Perhaps it was because they knew I was qualified but wanted to find out if I would even be interested in a lower pay grade, which I was because I wanted to get my foot in the door for a growing tech company.   Answer Question

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a week seeing if I was still interested. From there a phone interview was set up for that week and a panel interview was set up for the following week. I met one on one with the hiring manager, VP of my department, VP of HR and a member of the team for 30 minutes each. Everyone was very respectful and the questions were based more on my past experiences and how I would handle situations than seeing my technical skills. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question I had was giving a one minute pitch on why I should be the one hired over anyone else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me what the salary range would be from the first email so I knew exactly what I should expect.

Business Support Level I Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There was 3 interviews total. 1st- 45 minute phone general Interview with your direct supervisor 2nd- 2 hour in person interview with the HR manager, your supervisor, and the manager. After meeting with them you will be taking a multiple choice technical test. 3rd - 30 minute technical phone interview asking similar questions to the multiple choice you take in person.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about Eset's products. They will expect you to know how everything in the description works. All of the interview questions are based on Windows. Memorize all of the Windows shortcuts. Be familiar on how to navigate through a computer via terminal.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

This was by far the best interviewing experience I have ever had. They were very friends direct with questions. I had three different round of interviews each had a copy of my resume already even though I had brought extra. The only part I felt was annoying was having to fill out the application on site before the interviews.

Interview Questions

• It was a judgment call question. Where I had to make a call between a down user and the CEO being down. Unfortunately the company I worked for at the time always made us bend over for the CEOs this one didn't see it that way. I made the wrong call.   Answer Question

My job at the time better the offer. To this day I still wish I could get another offer there.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ESET (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were clear and better than expected. Interview schedule was set up and emailed to me so I was very aware of the time and who the interviewers were. Everyone was professional and aware of the questions that should not be asked diring an interview. There were no snafus. The office is exemplary. It is located in a high-rise building in downtown San Diego and has a perfect view of the bay. Work culture is professional and most employees are highly-intelligent. From the CEO to the receptionist, all dialog was intellectually engaging and energetic. This is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your most challenging deployments and how did you resolve those challenges?   1 Answer
    • If we suffered a breach, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little to no negotiation - their offer was more than fair.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ESET.

Interview

Before I had the interview, the recruiter kept forcing me to lower down my expected salary. the expected salary was within the range they put in the job ad! Fine, she decided to put it as negotiable , and I did not hear from this recruiter for weeks until I saw the same job ad for the same role posted by the same recruiter. And so, I showed the recruiter her own ad, what happened to my resume ? within the same day, she got back to me and told me I got an interview. I was suspecting that she did not follow up at all. The interview was pretty normal and they said I had to wait if the other management person wished to conduct a second round of interview. Again, there was silent until I emailed the recruiter and told her I had other job offer pending for my reply and so how about Eset, she sent me an unsuccessful application email in the next few minutes. Very "professional" of the recruiter. Good luck Eset in hiring candidates who sit around in event doing nothing much just because your name is pretty establish in the market or at least that's what you think. Glad I did not join even though there were attractive perks and bonuses, guess it would be a downward learning curve.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bratislava (Slovakia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESET (Bratislava (Slovakia)) in June 2013.

Interview

Written formal test interview later followed by personal or skype interview.Test questions were from written client communication, logical tasks along with basic logical and mathematical question like making correct logical assumptions for calculating with speed, distance and percentage in one assignment and followed by basic networking test - network protocols, DNS definition, bandwith speed.

Interview Questions

• Logical task about being stranded on an island with natives telling only truth or only lying and i have one question to determine from two natives as for which one is telling the truth and which one is lying.   1 Answer