ESPN Analytics Specialist Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Analytics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ESPN in August 2010.

I was told that the interview process for the job I was applying for consisted of 3 stages.

Stage 1 - I was called by someone in their HR department and she gave me the below 6 questions:

1) Which NFL QB has thrown for the most touchdowns?
     2) What are the 4 major golf tournaments?
     3) Who is the winningest NCAA basketball coach?
     4) Name two Lakers besides Kobe Bryant
     5) How is ERA calculated?
     6) Name 3 of the last 5 Heisman Trophy winners and what school they went to

I passed Stage 1 and was asked when I was available for Stage 2.

Stage 2 - HR called (she was 15 minutes late for the phone interview) and said she was going to send me a Microsoft Word document with a variety of questions for Stage 2. I could use the internet or whatever source possible to answer the questions as long as the document was returned to her with the 45 minute time limit. I ended up going over the 45 minutes and was promptly disqualified. There was a ton of questions in this stage. Things such as looking at box scores and picking out the error, identifying which athletes played which sports, formulas for various hockey statistics, etc.

Stage 3 - I never made it to Stage 3 but the HR rep said the questions were more analytic in nature than Stage 2.

Interview Questions

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!