Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ESPN
- Intern (5)
- Production Assistant (4)
- Statistics Analyst (3)
- Researcher (2)
- Technical Operator (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Senior Financial Analyst (2)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Associate Producer (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Stats Analyst (2)
- Graphics Systems Controller (2)
- Director (2)
- PA (1)
- Event Operations Intern (1)
- Stats and Information (1)
- Graphic Developer Specialist (1)
- Android Engineer (1)
- ESPN Production Assistant (1)
- Systems Engineer Coop (1)
- Designer - Fantasy Games (1)
- Stas and Info (1)
- Ad Producer (1)
- ESPN Stats and Info (1)
- Stats and Analysis Intern (1)
- Statistics Analyst Internship (1)
- Project - Development Engineer, Data and Platform Technology (1)
- Art Director (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Statistical Analyst (1)
1 person found this helpful
Analytics Specialist Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ESPN in August 2010.
I was told that the interview process for the job I was applying for consisted of 3 stages.
Stage 1 - I was called by someone in their HR department and she gave me the below 6 questions:
1) Which NFL QB has thrown for the most touchdowns?
2) What are the 4 major golf tournaments?
3) Who is the winningest NCAA basketball coach?
4) Name two Lakers besides Kobe Bryant
5) How is ERA calculated?
6) Name 3 of the last 5 Heisman Trophy winners and what school they went to
I passed Stage 1 and was asked when I was available for Stage 2.
Stage 2 - HR called (she was 15 minutes late for the phone interview) and said she was going to send me a Microsoft Word document with a variety of questions for Stage 2. I could use the internet or whatever source possible to answer the questions as long as the document was returned to her with the 45 minute time limit. I ended up going over the 45 minutes and was promptly disqualified. There was a ton of questions in this stage. Things such as looking at box scores and picking out the error, identifying which athletes played which sports, formulas for various hockey statistics, etc.
Stage 3 - I never made it to Stage 3 but the HR rep said the questions were more analytic in nature than Stage 2.
- What are the 4 major golf tournaments? Answer Question