ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process with HR and then department head and some staff. Nice to have the opportunity to meet and see the facility and operation. Was able to ask any questions and meet other employees and discuss work culture, environment and specifics other staff enjoyed. Was able to follow up with candid questions.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Had a great time working with HR. Was really smooth all the way, without any trouble. Interview itself was not too bad. Just basic questions regarding certain technologies. Thought that it was sort of interesting that I wasn't asked harder questions..

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Basic Phone Interview (who you are, what do you know), followed by an extensive phone interview (questions requiring detailed answer about equipment and experience), and the final interview was with a group of department leaders.

Interview Questions

• • Give me a situation where you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • • Give me an example of a time you had to be the leader for the team.   1 Answer
    • • Tell me about a time when you had to do more than your position required to get the job done.   1 Answer
    • • What do you think you can add to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview with human resources where we talked about my basic information, then in person interview with my future supervisor in the office. It was pretty average, they just wanted to see your background and get a feel about how interested you were in getting into the industry. The generic answers like "I love sports" didn't really cut it, so you have to think about why sports are so important to you and who you are.

Digital Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Screening call, Phone Interview, and then on campus. It all took about two weeks. The on-site interview was challenging because I didn't really know what was happening. Six of us interviewed in the morning, rotating through the different departments, and six of us in the afternoon, with lunch as an overlapping point. Most of the interviews were pretty straightforward, but a couple were more challenging. I spent a lot of time preparing for this interview and it paid off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ESPN?   2 Answers

Web Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESPN (Bristol, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall the ESPN interview process was long and comprised of about 12 different interviewers but not extremely difficult in terms of questioning. The interviewers began by asking questions about technical background and experience and then would dive into technical questions that required written responses. Just about everyone was extremely pleasant and would be hoping for you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to count the number of palindromes in a given string.   1 Answer
    • Write a non-recusive function to print a Fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Really long process. The interviews are easy just listen to what it is they are asking and answer the best way you can. Be yourself and you'll be fine. Know your stuff!! And definitely ask questions if you have any, they are always willing to answer any questions that you may have. Also, do your research on the company and know what the job description for which you have applied for says.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other applicants?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

All Star questions during the interview. If you just google STAR interview questions you will know how to answer every question. First met with Director and then with Managers. Be very careful and ask them if this is a new position and if they are replacing someone. If they are replacing someone ask them if this involuntary or voluntary and what they thought that employee could have done different to a successful employee. If they don't tell you, run as fast as you can!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Multi-step interview process. Screening, first interview and usually second round required to meet with senior management. Expected to be well prepared and knowledgeable about the brand. A passion for sports a definite plus. Educational background must check out and qualify.

Interview Questions

• Presented with multiple scenarios regarding customer care and service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation is hard but is possible.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ESPN.

Interview

Very personable interview. No ridiculous/difficult questions that you aren't ready to answer. Great experience during the interview process. Be yourself and they will be more likely to hire you. I didn't have the most impressive resume but I am comfortable during interviews and know how to carry on a conversation. Keep calm during the interview and you'll move on.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from all other internship candidates?   1 Answer