ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

Software Engineer II Interview

I did not get to the interview process. The recruiter insisted that I would have to reveal my salary history prior to moving forward in the process. My personal policy is never to do this, and almost all recruiters eventually respect this. From this recruiter, I got this load of bull:

"...I discussed our conversation with my superiors. Unfortunately in order to proceed I would at least need your salary history. The rationale is that we need to be sure we are placing people who fit appropriately with the how the other members of the team are compensated, that we will be able to give appropriate raises and that we will be able to retain talent for an extended period. From a recruitment perspective we are generally trying to push the needle up for salaries so we can get the best talent in the door."

Art Director Interview

Difficult if you're only going through the computer. Make sure you get a name somehow and try to contact them directly. You still have to go through the computer but the face to name connection helps.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you a sports fan?" when you're not.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Tough interview. Really dynamic questions

No pay

Account Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ESPN.

Thourough interview process. Met with numersous people the first day and two more at the second session. Managers asked good questions that make you think outside the box as opposed to just listing your skills and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that the organization does really well? Not so well?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN.

Applied through company website, received an email the following morning to set up a phone interview. When the recruiter called, it was not the same person I had been corresponding with via email and she never mentioned her name..so I had no way of sending her a thank you email following the phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 13 minutes, standard questions.

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ESPN.

I was supposed to get called for an interview but that never happened and i was really confused about that.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

interviewed at ESPN in May 2011.

There is a team of designers that runs you through a white boarding exercise. There were a series of analytical and behavioral questions. Each design team member took turns asking me various questions about my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical business case. What if you had to design a piece of map software.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. I was asked about my salary history and I was given an offer. I counter offered and they accepted.

Stas and Info Interview

The one-hour timed test was a crunch but enjoyable. The phone interview which followed was very focused on one-sport, in my case baseball. Not being a baseball enthusiast, I found this difficult

Statistics Analyst Internship Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ESPN.

You have to take a sports assessment test before you're called for an interview. If you get an interview, they just asked me a lot about my resume and work experience and then they went on to ask me current event questions and what kind of graphic I would make.

Graphic Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in January 2012.

I interview with the Creative Director. He was the most down to earth person ever. It was the best interview I've ever had and even though I did not get the job I came away with a positive feeling. I wish all interviewers would take a class from this guy.

Interview Questions

Worked for ESPN? Contribute to the Community!