ESPN

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.9

Statistics Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in January 2013.

Applied to the position online, but also had a contact through a friend with a recruiter. After some phone interviews and an aptitude test (not for the faint of heart), I traveled to Bristol for the in-person portion. Great facility and awesome crew of people. After a long time waiting and ultimately having to resubmit my paperwork, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you do your homework, you can get most of the prep for the aptitude test handled in advance. That said, if you think you "know sports" and can just knock out facts ranging from live scoring, history, current topics, problem-solving, etc. for all the major sports, tennis, golf, etc., you'll be slapped around by some cold hard reality.   Answer Question

Had another offer that paid more and had more regular hours (9-5)

Associate Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in October 2010.

I was interviewed by three people, asked typical questions, given a tour of the facilities, and provided lunch. The day of the interview was quite nice, it was the aftermath that was lacking. An entire calendar year passed before an offer was made. I frequently contacted one of the interviewers asking for updates but I was continuously told "we'll let you know." I'm glad to have eventually been hired but the long period of limbo was frustrating and hard to plan around. I was days away from a drastic move to California when I got the offer call. I was in a difficult spot, so I accepted without any negotiation and without asking too many questions. I wasn't told exactly what I was going to be doing for work until after my first day, and the type of work came as a bit of a surprise as it wasn't in line with my background.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember specifically, they were pretty straightforward, typical interview questions   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

Phone interview that included a sports quiz
    In person interview: They fly you out to their HQ in Bristol, CT. 4 different people interview you. Includes a question/answer portion, sports knowledge/ writing portion, rundown producing and a situation portion.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ESPN in June 2010.

The process was pretty straight forward. Although it was easier at the time to be bird as a consultant and then change into an employee. This has become harder as they have become fond of capitalized labor (or employee's with end dates). The only real gotcha is its a very slow moving orginization when it comes to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • They do a great job of technical vetting. So do yourself a favor and study up.   Answer Question
    Very quick ... almost no wiggle room on the back and fourth.

Multimedia Editor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN.

It took up to 6 months for hiring process; from phone interview to onsite interview and final decision. Everyone I spoke to/dealt with was great and very friendly. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position..

Interview Questions
    • "What will be the most difficult thing for you to get used to if given this position"   Answer Question

Associate Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN in January 2011.

phone interview brief questions about experience, what school you went to, future career goals, and how can you benefit the company. then you do an in-person for 3-4hrs with 4 people.

Production Operations(Bristol) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in October 2014.

Have been through 3 phone interviews so far, and each one has been very pleasant. Not so much questions about knowledge of sports, but more the production side. Very helpful with resume. Was critiqued on it which did not lead to them passing on me which was relieving. So far great experience. One down side was waiting between one of the interview. It took double the amount of time to call me, but work happens.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing equipment that they use because of a lack of experience with high end equipment.   Answer Question

Freelancer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN in May 2013.

So much pressure to figure out what is wanted and at the end it feels like it was for no reason. I felt like a dog doing tricks and chasing its tail

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for this company. Because ive been watching you guys for years   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ESPN in February 2013.

Very professional and thorough. Exchanged many emails setting up interview along with a couple of calls. Interviewer was on time and communicated with me every step of the way beforehand.

Promotions Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ESPN in July 2012.

The hiring process was very easy. I submitted my resume via email. They called me to come in for an interview at a time I preferred. The questions were very easy. They asked about my past experience and why I was excited about the position. I received the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very conversational interview. The questions were not difficult.   Answer Question