ESPN

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN in January 2015.

Was brief. Was informed they already had a candidate chosen & had to go through the process. Submitted the application and moved onto a second round. About a week later received the phone call that they appreciated my application & they suggested that I continue to apply to any HR job that is posted.

Interview Questions
    • How many years was I hands in in the environment?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ESPN.

Multi-step interview process. Screening, first interview and usually second round required to meet with senior management. Expected to be well prepared and knowledgeable about the brand. A passion for sports a definite plus. Educational background must check out and qualify.

Interview Questions
    • Presented with multiple scenarios regarding customer care and service.   Answer Question
    Yes, negotiation is hard but is possible.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at ESPN.

Very personable interview. No ridiculous/difficult questions that you aren't ready to answer. Great experience during the interview process. Be yourself and they will be more likely to hire you. I didn't have the most impressive resume but I am comfortable during interviews and know how to carry on a conversation. Keep calm during the interview and you'll move on.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from all other internship candidates?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

All Star questions during the interview. If you just google STAR interview questions you will know how to answer every question. First met with Director and then with Managers. Be very careful and ask them if this is a new position and if they are replacing someone. If they are replacing someone ask them if this involuntary or voluntary and what they thought that employee could have done different to a successful employee. If they don't tell you, run as fast as you can!!!

No negotiations

Statistics Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in January 2013.

Applied to the position online, but also had a contact through a friend with a recruiter. After some phone interviews and an aptitude test (not for the faint of heart), I traveled to Bristol for the in-person portion. Great facility and awesome crew of people. After a long time waiting and ultimately having to resubmit my paperwork, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you do your homework, you can get most of the prep for the aptitude test handled in advance. That said, if you think you "know sports" and can just knock out facts ranging from live scoring, history, current topics, problem-solving, etc. for all the major sports, tennis, golf, etc., you'll be slapped around by some cold hard reality.   Answer Question

Had another offer that paid more and had more regular hours (9-5)

Associate Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN in October 2010.

I was interviewed by three people, asked typical questions, given a tour of the facilities, and provided lunch. The day of the interview was quite nice, it was the aftermath that was lacking. An entire calendar year passed before an offer was made. I frequently contacted one of the interviewers asking for updates but I was continuously told "we'll let you know." I'm glad to have eventually been hired but the long period of limbo was frustrating and hard to plan around. I was days away from a drastic move to California when I got the offer call. I was in a difficult spot, so I accepted without any negotiation and without asking too many questions. I wasn't told exactly what I was going to be doing for work until after my first day, and the type of work came as a bit of a surprise as it wasn't in line with my background.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember specifically, they were pretty straightforward, typical interview questions   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

Phone interview that included a sports quiz
    In person interview: They fly you out to their HQ in Bristol, CT. 4 different people interview you. Includes a question/answer portion, sports knowledge/ writing portion, rundown producing and a situation portion.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ESPN in June 2010.

The process was pretty straight forward. Although it was easier at the time to be bird as a consultant and then change into an employee. This has become harder as they have become fond of capitalized labor (or employee's with end dates). The only real gotcha is its a very slow moving orginization when it comes to hiring.

Interview Questions
    • They do a great job of technical vetting. So do yourself a favor and study up.   Answer Question
    Very quick ... almost no wiggle room on the back and fourth.

Multimedia Editor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at ESPN.

It took up to 6 months for hiring process; from phone interview to onsite interview and final decision. Everyone I spoke to/dealt with was great and very friendly. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position..

Interview Questions
    • "What will be the most difficult thing for you to get used to if given this position"   Answer Question

Associate Operator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN in January 2011.

phone interview brief questions about experience, what school you went to, future career goals, and how can you benefit the company. then you do an in-person for 3-4hrs with 4 people.