ESPN Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2014
Updated Jun 14, 2014
81 interviews

Technical Operator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at ESPN.

2 different phone discussions, 1 Skype interview with a panel of managers, job offer over phone, then handed off to HR for onboarding process

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time where you had an issue at work, and you had to solve it on the spot?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Statistics Analyst Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ESPN.

You have to take a sports assessment test before you're called for an interview. If you get an interview, they just asked me a lot about my resume and work experience and then they went on to ask me current event questions and what kind of graphic I would make.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The hiring process was very professional. I felt comfortable talking eith the manager and the staff was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Position is in constant change. Would you be willing to work on two positions if we need the help.   View Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ESPN in June 2013.

The Superior Group, a recruiter found my resume. His big client is ESPN. I had two phone interviews. 1:1 with recruiter. 1:1 with ESPN to include a conference call with two managers. ESPN interviewed 3 other people besides me. I thought I was not picked for the job but ESPN showed interest in me. The process was pretty easy and straight forward. There is an intensive background check. All new employers are also required to get photographed for credentials to be inside the building.

Interview Questions
    • All technical related questions and sports questions. Nothing major or particular.   Answer Question
    It was $15.00 an hour, four month contract to hire position with oppertunity possibly to stay on. ESPN has to buyout your contact. There was little negociation. Be flexible with your hourly rate.

Intern Interview

Tough interview. Really dynamic questions

No pay

Stats and Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ESPN in April 2013.

They visited the campus of my university and had an information session for people who wanted to apply. Candidates they wanted needed to be well versed in the statistical realm and be familiar with the advanced stats of sports. The on campus interview was relaxed and informative but I did not receive an offer

Statistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ESPN in March 2013.

Applied on campus and interviewed on campus. Interview was pretty straightforward - we discussed sports and I was asked about how much I knew about advanced statistics and ESPN. If you are well-versed in these fields, as I was, you should be fine. Afterwards, I was told to apply online and complete a sports quiz which was pretty simple. After following up with the interviewer, I was told I could expect to hear back regarding the next round within a month. It's been almost three and I've heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question about what type of TV Graphic you'd make given a certain news item   Answer Question

Statistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ESPN.

The interview questions were reasonable and straight forward, but the Sports Assessment test was more challenging that I had anticipated because of the time limit that the system imposes upon the interviewee. Although I thought I had a reasonable amount of sports knowledge, I learned that there is much more to follow if I want to work as a statistics analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Explain three major front line stories in _______ conference in the past week.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at ESPN.

I was supposed to get called for an interview but that never happened and i was really confused about that.

ESPN Stats and Info Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ESPN in November 2012.

I had to answer many sport questions.
    After I passed the test, I had a one on one interview with a recruiter about the job. He told me no job was available at first. After a one or two months later, I was given the opportunity to have an interview for the stats and info position. I had two phone interviews that was supposed to last around 30 minutes each. The interviewers do not make the decision. After 2 months later, I got the call that I was rejected.