ESPN Interview Questions

2.9

Statistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

The interview questions were reasonable and straight forward, but the Sports Assessment test was more challenging that I had anticipated because of the time limit that the system imposes upon the interviewee. Although I thought I had a reasonable amount of sports knowledge, I learned that there is much more to follow if I want to work as a statistics analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Explain three major front line stories in _______ conference in the past week.   Answer Question

Freelancer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN in May 2013.

So much pressure to figure out what is wanted and at the end it feels like it was for no reason. I felt like a dog doing tricks and chasing its tail

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for this company. Because ive been watching you guys for years   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ESPN.

I was supposed to get called for an interview but that never happened and i was really confused about that.

ESPN Production Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ESPN.

First got contacted by HR, got through because I knew somebody that works at ESPN. A week later, I got a second phone call from someone in ESPN Production. The Interview lasted around forty minutes. I felt confident throughout the entire phone call answering questions, but I did mess up on some of the sports questions he asked at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Who won the latest Nascar Tournament?
      Who won the last World Cup?

Answer Question

Stats and Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ESPN in April 2013.

They visited the campus of my university and had an information session for people who wanted to apply. Candidates they wanted needed to be well versed in the statistical realm and be familiar with the advanced stats of sports. The on campus interview was relaxed and informative but I did not receive an offer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ESPN in April 2013.

A few phone interviews then fly into Bristol for a day of interviews. Similar questions to other sofware compaines. Not as difficult as amazon/google/other silicon valley big boys, but tougher than software consulting firms. Some sports questions as well to gauge interest in sports. Dont fake your way through the sports questions, much better to admit if you dont care about sports, its not a big deal people just dont want to work with a fabricator. I didnt do any negotiating with the offer

Software Engineer II Interview

I did not get to the interview process. The recruiter insisted that I would have to reveal my salary history prior to moving forward in the process. My personal policy is never to do this, and almost all recruiters eventually respect this. From this recruiter, I got this load of bull:

"...I discussed our conversation with my superiors. Unfortunately in order to proceed I would at least need your salary history. The rationale is that we need to be sure we are placing people who fit appropriately with the how the other members of the team are compensated, that we will be able to give appropriate raises and that we will be able to retain talent for an extended period. From a recruitment perspective we are generally trying to push the needle up for salaries so we can get the best talent in the door."

Production Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ESPN.

Applied through company website, received an email the following morning to set up a phone interview. When the recruiter called, it was not the same person I had been corresponding with via email and she never mentioned her name..so I had no way of sending her a thank you email following the phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 13 minutes, standard questions.

Statistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ESPN in March 2013.

Applied on campus and interviewed on campus. Interview was pretty straightforward - we discussed sports and I was asked about how much I knew about advanced statistics and ESPN. If you are well-versed in these fields, as I was, you should be fine. Afterwards, I was told to apply online and complete a sports quiz which was pretty simple. After following up with the interviewer, I was told I could expect to hear back regarding the next round within a month. It's been almost three and I've heard nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question about what type of TV Graphic you'd make given a certain news item   View Answer

Stas and Info Interview

The one-hour timed test was a crunch but enjoyable. The phone interview which followed was very focused on one-sport, in my case baseball. Not being a baseball enthusiast, I found this difficult