ESPN Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

ESPN Stats and Info Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ESPN in November 2012.

I had to answer many sport questions.
    After I passed the test, I had a one on one interview with a recruiter about the job. He told me no job was available at first. After a one or two months later, I was given the opportunity to have an interview for the stats and info position. I had two phone interviews that was supposed to last around 30 minutes each. The interviewers do not make the decision. After 2 months later, I got the call that I was rejected.

Technical Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ESPN in November 2012.

I applied two/three months before and got a call. The process went smoothly as just one skype video interview as last a call if wanting the offer. It wasn't that difficult as expected.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't that much of a challenging question for this position all they ask was if you know what to do for this job as know some technical process and last they will ask you about sports since this a leading sports broadcasting company.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ESPN in November 2012.

Had a phone interview 1st, an onsite interview the next day and was hired on the 3rd day! Unheard of these days but the way it was before 9/11 and how it should still be. Old school rules!

Very easy and pleasant.

Statistics Associate Ll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ESPN in October 2012.

i first met with a recruiter who offered to give me an assessment for the stats associate position. From there, I passed and moved on to a phone interview with the recruiter. After that stage, I then had two more phone interviews with two managers in the Stats and Information group. They were all very friendly and asked questions regarding my knowledge of sports and how I was able to utilize and interpret statistics in sports. The were very cordial throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • How have you used your major in your analysis of sports?   Answer Question

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at ESPN in September 2012.

Took a long time to hear back from them after initial interview

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ESPN in August 2012.

very intense interview sessions and knowledge based questions

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warren, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in June 2012.

The interviewer asked me
    1) What class I have used for the creating the UI?
    2) Asked about my app, what are main classes used?
    3)What I have used for debugging the app (adb or DDMS or logcat)
    4) What I know about ESPN sports channel and its circulation and other sports, Guy was a B.A(known from his linkedin profile) not sure if he was looking for a techie or a sportsman.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in May 2012.

I sent my resume and an electronic application to the company in March. By April I received an initial call asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was with the top production employees at ESPN. The interview went well it was relaxed and the staff seemed nice. They just asked what I liked about production and sports. Good interview overall.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ESPN in March 2012.

The level of communication throughout the entire process was fantastic. ESPN responded to my online application in a timely manner. I started with a phone interview within a week of the initial contact. I was then flown to NYC for an interview with several people. My HR contact made all of my travel arrangements. All expenses were covered except parking at the airport. The next step was an interview at the Bristol location. Once again, all my expenses were covered. They could not have made the process any easier.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when one individual asked my to solve a technical issue they were having, without my seeing the system. I am a visual person so this was very challenging.   Answer Question

The cost of benefits was too great given the salary they offered. Otherwise, I would have jumped at the chance to work with them.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ESPN in February 2012.

Great interview, relaxed and straight forward, however the job ended up not being funded and was therefore not filled.